The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: SD on August 27, 2011, 03:46:48 PM
They just showed a projected path of the storm, Dover Delaware is farged.

There's already reports of flooding in Milford and down that way. Southern Delaware is farged, but outside of the beaches no one really cares about them anyway.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 27, 2011, 04:41:05 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on August 27, 2011, 02:45:33 PM
Buying a shteinload of it is dumb. Having a case or two around is not.

SD said buying it in general was dumb and I was curious as to why he thinks that

Buying bottled water is dumb because you can get it practically for free and the plastic is wasteful. Ever see that Brita commercial where they say the amount of water bottles sold in the US last year could wrap around the Earth 150 times? All that crap is now sitting in a landfill not biodegrading. You could buy a filter and save yourself money (one filter costs $5 and can fill up 300 water bottles) and stop polluting the Earth in the process. I used to spend 2 bucks a day on water at work. That's $40 a month. Now I fill up my water bottle and am good to go.

SD

Quote from: Munson on August 27, 2011, 04:49:07 PM
Quote from: SD on August 27, 2011, 03:46:48 PM
They just showed a projected path of the storm, Dover Delaware is farged.

There's already reports of flooding in Milford and down that way. Southern Delaware is farged, but outside of the beaches no one really cares about them anyway.

Guy on the news showed how the storm is going, combined with the high tide and the way the wind was pushing and it didn't spell good news for that part of the state.

SunMo

i like my water cold, and when i have a case of bottles in the fridge it's peace of mind knowing that i can grab one at any minute, plus they are easier to transport.  3rd, farg the environment.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Quote from: SunMo on August 27, 2011, 05:24:23 PM
i like my water cold, and when i have a case of bottles in the fridge it's peace of mind knowing that i can grab one at any minute, plus they are easier to transport.  3rd, farg the environment.

I keep mine in a jug in the fridge and pour it out when I want some...whole process takes about 20 seconds.

SunMo

that's much too long thanks.  plus then you have to refill the jug, what a pain in the ass.  nothing like knowing the first time i crack the seal on a fresh bottle that my lips are the first to touch the opening. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Quote from: SunMo on August 27, 2011, 05:57:17 PM
that's much too long thanks.  plus then you have to refill the jug, what a pain in the ass.  nothing like knowing the first time i crack the seal on a fresh bottle that my lips are the first to touch the opening.

Global warming sheep where you at?

SD

I'm glad Allstate decided to break out the aftermath of a hurricane commercial they used to run 5 years ago just in time to take advantage of this storm.

Munson

Power went out about 45 minutes ago. The creek is about to flood over the road around the corner. Wild stuff.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Went outside a few minutes ago and there was no wind and no rain, I could even hear crickets chirping. Seen too many trees fly through houses and tornadoes are springing up all over my area. Decided to crash in my basement.

PhillyPhreak54

The calm before the storms is an eerie feeling.

MDS

floyd way back in the day knocked a tree from my backyard that was within inches of crashing into the dining room

now that was a mixture of normal hurricane-related story and white privilege
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

We're still recovering from the dick tease and non-event that Irene proved to be in central NC. My fantasy draft went off without a hitch at 5pm last night. $50 buy-in, and the one guy's sister took ROFLburger 2nd overall. That was funney!/!

Diomedes

My basement took on three or four ounces of water and several of our zinnias were treated rather rudely by the wind.

Did anyone else take such a beating?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125