The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

when is this shtein hitting

i have sunday OFF and i want to watch the phils
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

Was I the only one trying to figure out what OFF stood for? Instead of reading the word 'off', I read 'O-F-F'.

I've been on the internet too long.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

The internet doesn't make you stupid.  It simply makes your stupidity visible to the entire planet. 

hbionic

You guys are representative of the entire planet?

Who here is Africa?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

Speaking of Havas

Where is good ol' Hurricane Havas to break down the models and millibars?

PhillyPhreak54

19 years ago today Hurricane Andrew blew up South Florida.

Time's flying. I remember that day was my first day of 8th grade.

SD

According to Cecily Tynan we're going to get nailed with this storm this weekend

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 24, 2011, 08:55:53 PM
19 years ago today Hurricane Andrew blew up South Florida.

Time's flying. I remember that day was my first day of 8th grade.

That was the year my parents moved down here, and I was here on my last summer break in college.  The day Andrew hit was the day my wife (then fiancee) was supposed to fly down from Maine to drive back to PA.  Obviously her flight was cancelled.

My mother overreacted (typical for her) and made us all drive to freakin' Gainesville in a panic over the hurricane.  Usually it's a 4½ hour drive, but it took about 7 that day because of traffic.  While there, my transmission blew, and I ended up having to stay in the Gainesville hotel for an extra two days while everyone else drove back to Naples. 

That week sucked balls like Chuggie's internet persona.

Zanshin

I have tickets to the phils game on Sunday.  First time for my kid. I live a couple of hours away... When would they cancel?  Anyone know the ticket policy if it is canceled?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Zanshin on August 24, 2011, 09:30:45 PM
I have tickets to the phils game on Sunday.  First time for my kid. I live a couple of hours away... When would they cancel?  Anyone know the ticket policy if it is canceled?

In this case they may cancel the day before, or at least a few hours before. Your ticket will be good for whenever the game is rescheduled.

Rome

Gloria was bad in 1985.  We had a mandatory evacuation from Sea Isle but it petered out once it hit the Carolinas.  This bitch is basically following the exact same path.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on August 24, 2011, 09:43:20 PM
Gloria was bad in 1985.  We had a mandatory evacuation from Sea Isle but it petered out once it hit the Carolinas.  This bitch is basically following the exact same path.

Remember Gloria.  Only hurricane day my school ever had (as a student).  Had some weather in the morning, and was out playing football in the afternoon.

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 24, 2011, 09:52:33 PM
Quote from: Rome on August 24, 2011, 09:43:20 PM

Remember Gloria.  Only hurricane day my school ever had (as a student).  Had some weather in the morning, and was out playing football in the afternoon.

Same. I remember playing outside and thinking 'this is it?'.

MDS

so i have my first sunday off in like forevers and the phils wont even be on

god is such a funhole. but there isnt a god. the world sucks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.