The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

florida does not carry a 104/115 slash line in the summer...in fact nowhere in the country does...while i agree people need to shut up about it these are biblically hot slash lines

in fact daytona's ALL TIME record high is 95...florida just doesnt get that hot because of the water

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Times like these occur occasionally.  Today my in-law's residence in Bath, Maine is hotter than I am in Naples, Florida.  In fact, we may not reach 90 today because of how early the thunderstorms started. (Update:  Made it to 91 today.)

The trick with Florida isn't how hot it gets - it's how long it's hot.  We will be 90-95 just about every day from May 1 until Oct 31, unless a tropical system is pouring the rain upon us. Top that with near 100% humidity every day.

Geowhizzer

For igy:  Naples' record high is apparently 99.  We're TROPICAL!

ice grillin you

like you said florida is sticky gross for basically five straight months but its heat ceiling is lower than a lot of other places and it never gets as hot as it is in the belly of the neast right now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Daytona's all time record high is not 95 degrees, dummy.

It was 99 degrees June 16th of this year.

Geowhizzer

I remember the summer of 88 in Chesco.  Every day in July but one was over 100.

Munson

One thing we can be sure of, SD won't be running to this thread with the weather report to mock the idea of climate change.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on July 22, 2011, 04:23:31 PM
Daytona's all time record high is not 95 degrees, dummy.

It was 99 degrees June 16th of this year.

The almighty Wikipedia has the record high for Daytona at 102.

Rome

Remember 1998, Geo?

Fires everywhere.  Temps were in the upper 90's for weeks and over 100 a few times without a drop of rain.

And yeah, 102 is the all-time high.  Gainesville hit 108 a few years ago.  That's incredible.

hbionic

Quote from: charlie on July 22, 2011, 03:24:20 PM
its hotter where i am than where you are... nyah nyah nyah....

This.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyGirl

Quote from: hbionic on July 22, 2011, 04:38:36 PM
Quote from: charlie on July 22, 2011, 03:24:20 PM
its hotter where i am than where you are... nyah nyah nyah....

This.

LA right now:

78°F    
Feels Like: 79°
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hbionic

Actually...I'm in the riverside area right now...it's alot warmer than that. 84 degrees....feels like 72 degrees with A/C.  8)
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

It's f'n hot.  Give me a blizzard any day over this crap. 

I'm a mammal, not a goddamn lizard.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Munson on July 22, 2011, 04:25:56 PM
One thing we can be sure of, SD won't be running to this thread with the weather report to mock the idea of climate change.

You're right, because in the 4.6 Billion years of the Earth's history it's never been this hot.

SD

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 22, 2011, 03:20:07 PM
Quote from: hbionic on July 22, 2011, 03:16:15 PM
Quote from: Rome on July 22, 2011, 02:27:42 PM
I get a kick out of the panic over the heat wave going on around the country.  It's literally exactly the same weather here in Florida but it's like that from late May till late September.  Every.  Day.

Tough it out, kooks.

I feel the same way. Unfortunately, the moment it rains in So. Cal, it becomes "Storm Watch 20__" farging annoying. When I watch local news, I want to watch how a 10 year old out of Compton made it to junior high with only 2 bullets lodged in their head instead of 10, like normal kids their age. farging rain! :boom

You're both full of shtein.

It's 118 degree heat index in Southern NJ right now. Bionic, there is never ANYTHING like this out there. Ever. 110 degrees in LA is like 80 here. There is no humidity. It's dry.

And Rome, please...118 degree heat index every day? Give me a farging break.

PG is spot on here. I've been all around the world -was under the freakin equator line and in the middle East in the dead of their summer -  and nothing was like it is today in the Philly region.
And I'm not complaining because I like the heat and would take this any day over 20 degrees and 18 inches of snow, but 100 in Cali/Florida ain't shtein compared to how it feels right now.