The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 21, 2011, 07:35:22 PM
I think it's the lead story on the national news.

Yeah, it's not just the east coast. like half the country is under excessive heat warnings.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hbionic

Why the farg is this even a topic.

Have you all run out of things to talk about that you have to mention the weather? That's usually what that means.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Idiot 1: "It's gonna be hot today"

Idiot 2: "What do you mean, it already is hot today"

Idiot 3: "Hot? It's not hot, its humid"

Idiot 2: "Actually, it's hot AND humid"

Idiot 1: "No way, those can happen at the same time?"

Idiot 4: "I may be wrong, but I think this happened around the same time last year"

Idiot 2: "This seems too weird. Heat, humidity, on the East coast, in the summer? I think this is the first time EVER. It's so
             farging hot. Let's talk more about it."

Idiot 1: "It's so hot"

Idiot 3: "Yeah, I agree"

6 months later

Idiot 1: "It's farging cold today"

Idiot 2: "I heard its going to snow and hail"

Idiot 3: "No shtein? I get to farging wake up earlier to shovel the snow out of my driveway so that I can drive on ice hoping I
             don't get in a wreck so that I can get to work so I can talk to every other icehole there about the weather? Sweet!

Idiot 4: "Yeah, Californians WISH they could experience this shtein"

Idiot 2: "Hey, did you hear? It's so farging cold, it's going to be on the news!"

Idiot 3: "No shtein? That's awesome. I'm going to post about the cold on the internet"

Idiot 1: "Not if I do it first!"

Idiot 2: "Hey, who's that guy sticking a gun in his mouth"

Police: "his name was hbionic, male, hispanic, survived by his parrot and pet snail. Wounds were self-inflicted due to excessive
            weather conversation"

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 21, 2011, 07:35:22 PM
I think it's the lead story on the national news.

next to pretty missing white girls the weather garners the highest ratings of anything on the news
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

I'll take 100+ degree weather over 18 inches of snow any day of the week.

PhillyGirl

LOL at the idiots who say "Oh, [insert desert city on west coast] is 110 ALL of the time, what are you complaining about?"

Having lived in both, I can tell you they are 100% nothing the same. You can BBQ and hang out in 110 in dry heat without feeling like you'll keel over and suffocate from the humidity.

and yes, I'm complaining. I don't like running on treadmills and I'd rather not die attempting to run in this. It was 93 degree heat index at midnight last night.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mussa

I work outside now and we canceled work today because of it. Yesterday two hours into the job I felt like I had worked a full day, cloths completely drenched and just beat physically.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Munson

Quote from: SD on July 22, 2011, 07:55:34 AM
I'll take 100+ degree weather over 18 inches of snow any day of the week.

False. Nothing better than being snowed in
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

casey anthony vs. inclement weather

soccer mom battle royal?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

How do people survive in such sweltering heat?!?!?!?!

Rome

I get a kick out of the panic over the heat wave going on around the country.  It's literally exactly the same weather here in Florida but it's like that from late May till late September.  Every.  Day.

Tough it out, kooks.

Munson

Yes, it is 99 degrees with 120 degree heat index every day from May until October
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

Quote from: Rome on July 22, 2011, 02:27:42 PM
I get a kick out of the panic over the heat wave going on around the country.  It's literally exactly the same weather here in Florida but it's like that from late May till late September.  Every.  Day.

Tough it out, kooks.

I feel the same way. Unfortunately, the moment it rains in So. Cal, it becomes "Storm Watch 20__" farging annoying. When I watch local news, I want to watch how a 10 year old out of Compton made it to junior high with only 2 bullets lodged in their head instead of 10, like normal kids their age. farging rain! :boom

PhillyGirl

Quote from: hbionic on July 22, 2011, 03:16:15 PM
Quote from: Rome on July 22, 2011, 02:27:42 PM

Tough it out, kooks.

I feel the same way. Unfortunately, the moment it rains in So. Cal, it becomes "Storm Watch 20__" farging annoying. When I watch local news, I want to watch how a 10 year old out of Compton made it to junior high with only 2 bullets lodged in their head instead of 10, like normal kids their age. farging rain! :boom

You're both full of shtein.

It's 118 degree heat index in Southern NJ right now. Bionic, there is never ANYTHING like this out there. Ever. 110 degrees in LA is like 80 here. There is no humidity. It's dry.

And Rome, please...118 degree heat index every day? Give me a farging break.

charlie

its hotter where i am than where you are... nyah nyah nyah....