The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

In the last 100 years...the L.A. area has registered around 30 tornados I think. I heard. Somewhere. It just reminds me of a funnel cloud in the middle of downtown Miami or some metropolis in Florida within the last 20 years....funnel was in the middle of the buildings.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

rjs246

I don't know what you're talking about spaz, but downtown Atlanta had a tornado hit a few years ago. I stayed in the Westin Peachtree last year when I was down there which is like a 70+ story hotel and they were still working on the damage. A tornado right in the middle of a major metropolitan area is farging weird.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

QB Eagles

chuggie's talking about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/v/e4RVc_dQQUo?version=3&hl=en_US

Florida gets the most tornadoes per square mile of any state, but they are nearly all weak tornadoes of the type we usually get around Philly. Florida gets a ton of waterspouts too.

Wikipedia has a pretty good list of tornadoes hitting downtown areas. Over a long enough period of time, nearly every American city will be hit by at least a weak tornado. Most European cities, too.

Rome

We got blasted tonight by rain, high winds, etc.  Very nice considering it was about 123 degrees out with smoke thicker than it is in Bob Marley's rape basement.

BigEd76

Was flipping through the morning shows today and CBS was talking about the tropical storm that's about to hit eastern Mexico, and Brownsville got a mention.  Stay dry Todd

MDS

In philly now easy

Supposed to fly back Friday. Might be
Stuck in Houston with j or might just stay the weekend. Exciting times
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I am leaving tomorrow to go back to Philly

I won't here for ya buddy

MDS

I smell a cf party......
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

8 AM and it is oppressively humid out. This day is going to be awful.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl

110 heat index today, 115 tomorrow, 112 Saturday
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 21, 2011, 09:00:19 AM
110 heat index today, 115 tomorrow, 112 Saturday, chilly on sunday
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

yeah, already 104 heat index here in South Jerz
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen