The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

just another day at the office when its in the 90s

ya'll need to come see how we mexicans do
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Actually hotter in Philly than down here the past few days.

ice grillin you

back to back all time records set the last two days and todays was set in 1875

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: DH on June 09, 2011, 02:32:54 PM
102 degrees and 50MPH winds? No farging thank you.

We call that "every day in August" where I live. 

SD

As always, I blame Al Gore

ice grillin you

snowed enough to sled on in hawaii today....first spring/summer snow in 40 years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

You've got to thank him as well because he invented the internet and without it, you'd have never heard about that crazy heat spike in KS.

Diomedes

great thunderstorm right now

easily best of the year so far
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

We haven't has shtein for rain or storms this year. Pisses me off because I love watching the crazy strong storms down here

MDS

wait until the morning of june 23

right. before. im. going to leave.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

pretty sure I heard on the news this morning that wages in Brownsville area are worst in the country. 20% below average.

SF/OAK was highest.  Baltimore Washington was up there, somthing like 9% above average.

I didn't hear how Philly ranks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

oh, absolutely. so many people come across the border to work (legally even) and they gladly take 5 bucks an hour or whatever they can get

as bad as my salary is its relatively average for first job in the business.

Sgt PSN

Just taking a guess, I'd say that Philly is +/- 2% of the national average.  Never seemed to be great or terrible pay from what I've seen and from what I hear from friends/family still in the area.  The pay is somewhat irrelevant though.  Cost of living is what really matters.  I'd imagine that Brownsville is not an expensive place to live, so the lower wages might not have a major impact.  I think Philly's cost of living is probably higher than their average income, which would suck. 

That was one of the things I loved in KC.  My salary when I lived there was a great salary because the cost of living was so low, but quality of life was pretty good.  Living in Cali, I make about $5000 more per year but am budgeted much tighter than I ever was in KC.

mpmcgraw

are you leaving brownsville little buddy? 

Diomedes

cost of living was factored into the study I heard