The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Tomahawk

I haven't priced snowblowers yet but it's gotta be worth the investment to never have to shovel again

Seabiscuit36

They're roughly 800 for a good gas one, and worth every penny
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Those pics are awesome. I miss crazy snow!

It is supposed to snow/ice here tomorrow.

phillymic2000

Got in at 5pm, was pushing snow since 3pm yesterday. They say we only got 15" but the wind made it damn near impossible to see, or clear lots. Our one school 8 miles from town we gave up on when the main drive drifted over. We still have 2 of our 4 schools to do tomorrow. Sherriff's were out on snow mobiles rescuing stranded motorists all day.

ice grillin you

storm for next thursday has massive potential according to a couple models particularly the euro...its showing a ridiculous storm that dwarfs the 96 superstorm...seems highly unlikely and its mad early...but its also modeling low temps at around zero which would be wild...lower the temp higher the precip to snow ratio....its definitely one to keep an eye on and its promising that the euro is showing it for several runs in a row now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Everyone down here was getting excited for the 2-3" of snow we were supposed to get.

No snow. But about sheet of ice over everything.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 04, 2011, 08:00:51 AM
storm for next thursday has massive potential according to a couple models particularly the euro...its showing a ridiculous storm that dwarfs the 96 superstorm...seems highly unlikely and its mad early...but its also modeling low temps at around zero which would be wild...lower the temp higher the precip to snow ratio....its definitely one to keep an eye on and its promising that the euro is showing it for several runs in a row now

yeah, that's what the dude on FB was saying too...its got monster potential.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

DH

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 02, 2011, 03:40:02 PM

Northern NJ

Im pretty sure NH stands for new hampshire; not new jersey.

Eagles_Legendz

I was going to point that out, but then I remembered the farging geniuses who populate northern nj and figured pg may have been correct and they just spelled their sign wrong.

smeags

yea=s, i would love more snow.  :sly
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

TexasEagle

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 04, 2011, 08:11:36 AM
Everyone down here was getting excited for the 2-3" of snow we were supposed to get.

No snow. But about sheet of ice over everything.

It farging snowed in San Antonio!! There's snow and ice everywhere. I almost slid into the cross street trying to go to work this morning.

reese125

I dont know how you do it. It must be even harder now walking across the street with those spurs on your boots.

TexasEagle

I came back home. They don't even sell snow tires here and my tiny ass Saturn doesn't do ice. And the spurs help to keep you from sliding when you're walking... no spurs for the car though.