The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

leaving work at 12 and getting paid for it rocks.  ;D

edit: of course with my luck it will take me 4hrs to get home.  :sly
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PoopyfaceMcGee

I haven't been into the office all week. We got a little rain in NC. Very rough.

PhillyGirl

QuoteAn area of heavy precipitation, possibly thunderstorms, is moving up the east coast now. The dynamics associated with this heavy precipitation will turn any non-snow precipitation that may be falling along the I95 corridor from DC to NYC to snow and it'll do so quickly. Thundersnow is very possible, especially in south...ern NJ and southeastern PA, where snowfall rates in excess of 2"/hr are possible. The precipitation is going to come fast and hard, so if you're in this corridor please get to where you need to be for the night with care and caution as quickly as possible.

To start in the next couple of hours here in South Jersey.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

paco

The snow in DC gave me an excuse to leave work early.  And by early, I mean 5:00.

Yay DC Metro excuse!
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Diomedes

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 26, 2011, 06:49:32 PM
thundersnow is badass

just had four or five great blue flashes of very bright lightning followed by satisfying thunder claps...while I was out shovelling.  very cool
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

You know what's badass? Every single person in the Philly area putting "THUNDERSNOW!" on their facebook status.

Munson

Thundersnow is my cork's nickname. I was a bit confused for a while about all the facebook status updates.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yeah, you were like, "I haven't shown it to THAT many dudes, have I?" Then you were like, "Oh, yeah I have. That many and THEN some."

Munson

lol I shouldn't laugh at that at all but I did.

farger.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

tried to tell everyone the totals would be way down because of a wet ground and temps...snow tonight was way harder than either of the snowpacalypses last year but the totals were way down because of it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

IGY whats this past tense speak? Its coming down in blankets right now.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 26, 2011, 10:47:02 PM
snow tonight was way harder than either of the snowpacalypses last year but the totals were way down because of it

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 26, 2011, 10:58:37 PM
Its coming down in blankets right now.

im more talking about where i rest my head at but even up there let me know if the way it looks now equates to the amount of inches you think you will get on the ground

i bet it doesnt

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

The inch plus of sleet last night took care of the ground real nice.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

reese125

shoveling was 5 x's harder and heavier this time around. had to of gotten a foot plus.

I just picture the snow plow dudes at night in their pick-ups blasting tesla, laughing hysterically because they are able to bury people at the end of their driveways 3 ft high.