The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I was thinking more along the lines of public safety than football.  It's just not smart to hold such a large event in the midst of an extreme weather event.  Cops, ambalamps and firemen have better things to do during a blizzard than attend to dozens of car accidents, hypothermic drunks, etc.

When the weather is like this, stay home unless you must travel.  It's common sense for individuals and organiztions alike.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

Well, that much was obvious. I was meaning more the players who were complaining....and then some of those on here...
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 27, 2010, 07:44:26 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on December 27, 2010, 07:38:22 AM
NFL made the right call.  No sense defying mother nature..you're just asking for trouble.

Yep, I doubted it at first, but not later in the night as the storm raged.

Remember how pissed we all were at the Fog Bowl? Well, add a lot of years of no Super Bowls and a lot of potential to this season....and see how pissed everyone would be if they lost due to a weather related incident in the game that could have been prevented if the game was postponed? I'd rather see a 97 year old Favre and gimpy Peterson than to lose a game in the snow like it was last night.

the cancellelation had nothing to do with the game...and everything to do with public safety...if the game and the eagles winning was your concern then they made a terrible move because football could have and should have been played...however as far as the safety of the people in the lots on the roads and in the stands it would have been a terrible idea to play
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

nice of the eagles to offer refunds for people who won't be able to make the game tomorrrow.

oh, wait. . .

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 27, 2010, 07:58:44 AM.however as far as the safety of the people in the lots on the roads and in the stands it would have been a terrible idea to play

Not to mention the safety of the emergency workers themselves, who really shouldn't have to be out in those conditions for a farging game, or the safety of city residents who could only expect slower response to actual emergencies because the first responders are busy dealing with the mess at the Linc
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on December 27, 2010, 08:00:49 AM
nice of the eagles to offer refunds for people who won't be able to make the game tomorrrow.

oh, wait. . .

hey, that's Capitalism man...love it or leave it

nevermind it's the right thing to do...it's not required of them (read the fine print on page 647 of the ticket contract, addendum III)...and since money is the overall goal of all things American, it would be stupid of them to refund the money

Rome

the eagles had a chance to do the right thing by their fans and they decided to stick it to them (us) high, hard & deep.  not surprising, i agree.  still disappointing, though.

as for the postponement decision, it really was the only one that could have been made.

PhillyGirl

IGY, I'm talking about the huge number of angry fans who were never even planning on going to the game. Those who were going to watch from their living rooms and instead had to find another reason to drink and be stupid. THOSE are the fans who are the most vocal right now. Public safety wasn't a concern for them.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 27, 2010, 08:17:21 AM
the eagles had a chance to do the right thing by their fans and they decided to stick it to them (us) high, hard & deep.  not surprising, i agree.  still disappointing, though.

im in on this with you as long as you can guarantee me a way that there wouldnt be fans who would ask for a refund who honestly could make it tomorrow but because they simply dont feel like going or need the money to pay off xmas gifts would ask for a refund

for every sarge there would be a hundred people asking for money back....because they want the money back

shtein happens.....life sucks then you die

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 27, 2010, 08:22:16 AM
IGY, I'm talking about the huge number of angry fans who were never even planning on going to the game. Those who were going to watch from their living rooms and instead had to find another reason to drink and be stupid. THOSE are the fans who are the most vocal right now. Public safety wasn't a concern for them.

farg them.....i thought you were saying they shouldnt have played because it helps the eagles out in terms of winning or losing the game

PhillyGirl

I meant that all of those iceholes would be whining and crying about how unfair it was that the weather caused a "Fog Bowl" type of loss (if it happened that way). They'd be the first to be pissed and cry about it and blame the NFL/Eagles for having the game.

Rome

it's fairly simple.  if you don't use the tickets you get a refund.  they can easily track whose tickets get scanned and whose don't.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on December 27, 2010, 08:31:03 AM
it's fairly simple.  if you don't use the tickets you get a refund.  they can easily track whose tickets get scanned and whose don't.

thats not what im saying...im saying there are going to be thousands of people who dont use their tickets simply because they want their money back and not because they cant go to the game

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 27, 2010, 08:30:51 AM
I meant that all of those iceholes would be whining and crying about how unfair it was that the weather caused a "Fog Bowl" type of loss (if it happened that way). They'd be the first to be pissed and cry about it and blame the NFL/Eagles for having the game.

those are the same bitch ass fans that would blame a loss on the refs

btw these people do know that chicago played in the fog bowl also?

Sgt PSN

My tix were bought from a broker and some dude is named on the tix as the person who purchased them so he'd get a refund instead of me. Lol.

PhillyGirl

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 27, 2010, 09:28:14 AM

My tix were bought from a broker and some dude is named on the tix as the person who purchased them so he'd get a refund instead of me. Lol.

Did you call the broker back and ask him if he wanted to buy them back at face value?