The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

well technically last week.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

DH

im pretty sure the roof at the linc will not collapse, regardless of how powerful the gps or euros are.

smeags

true and it's a rare event but if a state of emergency is announced the game will be postponed and probably played monday night.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Die-Hard on December 22, 2010, 11:00:45 AM
im pretty sure the roof at the linc will not collapse, regardless of how powerful the gps or euros are.

if it can handle a thousand wind turbines it will farg up a snowstorm....but what happens when its both!!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

no to sidetrack this discussion because that never happens here but are there any pics of how these wind turbines are going to look ?

MDS

its like 80 and sunny here. i had to turn on the ac last night to cool my apt. im not suggesting anyone move to brownsville but i am suggesting you move somewhere warm. its...awesome.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ok so now all the models are aligned for the first time this week...think a general 12-24 from what everything is reading....start would be sunday lasting into monday morning

the euro which historically is the most accurate in predicting big winter storms has been uncannily consistent all week with this....and with apologies to die hard if this thing continues the way its been trending the eagle game could be postponed....this would be just a huge snow event like we had last year but it would also come with crazy strong winds and snow drifts...of course a lot still has to happen but the chances are very real

Munson

If it's not going to start until sunday night, I doubt the NFL would postpone it...they'd let them play in high wind and the beginning of a snow storm
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

the nfl basically has nothing to do with the decision if a state of emergency is called.

charlie

The nfl only cares about getting people in, not getting them home.

Munson

Quote from: smeags on December 22, 2010, 03:23:19 PM
the nfl basically has nothing to do with the decision if a state of emergency is called.

And if the storm starts later in the day sunday, do you really think they'll declare state of emergency that early?

Besides, I wish state of emergency being declared would be followed as it should be. I was kept at work an extra 3 hours last year during the first big storm after SoE was declared. Had to drive a POS 93 Camry home with a foot+of snow on 202 was good times.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

Quote from: Munson on December 22, 2010, 03:26:31 PM
Quote from: smeags on December 22, 2010, 03:23:19 PM

And if the storm starts later in the day sunday, do you really think they'll declare state of emergency that early?

i was just making a general statement that the nfl may not have a choice but to postpone it in the event that a SOE is anounced. aren't there times when that is done prior to the height of a storm in an attempt to get traffic off the roadways so they can be plowed and salted without a ton of drivers ?

hbionic

Quote from: phattymatty on December 22, 2010, 10:30:43 AM
all i can see is that if the girlfriends move to europe, snow will happen. good to know.

:-D :-D :-D  that's what I read.  :-D :-D :-D
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

its still waaaaay too early to talk game cancellation much less narrow snow totals...but im saying worst case scenario and this storm comes all together its possible...all the ingrediants exist and thats alone is a big deal when you are talking about something potentially this big

its probably right now a 10% chance of philly getting 15+ AND blizzard winds which a lot higher % than philly ever getting that in a particular winter

Eagles_Legendz

So what % chance igy would you put on us getting 6+ inches on Sunday?

It seems like it's either going to hit and be big or not hit at all, right?