The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I didn't think the Canadians had the balls to invade us.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

there is still some potential for snow on thursday but the models are incredibly and wildly inconsistent right now

however if you are looking for the end of the world type snow...keep an eye on early march....models are so far oddly consistent with a huge storm hitting around the 3rd or 4th....

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

great, im supposed to fly back 3/3.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Igy's now predicting the weather weeks ahead of time? Do you ever actually work?

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

its pretty crazy how little is known about this storm just 36 hours before it hits....looks to me like the only certainties are a good amounts of snow for central pa up into northern nj....new england should get slammed

no chance dc/balt areas get anywhere close to six inches imo (that accuweather map is trash)....and more than likely get just some flurries with little to no accumulation

mussa

when is that supposed to hit? nothing but rain for past two days here. i think im done with snow
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

look at the map below for moisture levels.....pick your location and look at the scale.....with that number you can determine the amount of snow based on the fixed ratio predicted with a storm....a pretty safe standard would be 8 to 10 inches of snow to 1 inch of precip....do the math and youll get the amount of snow you may see...i say may because unlike the two monster storms earlier this season that were easy to predict even four days out this one is still up in the air less than two days out...it was originally supposed to bomb out over new england now the models have it over new jersey...with a trend to the south

PhillyGirl

wtf? That dark purple is directly over me.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

shorebird

All that prediction crap is for the evening news ratings. I'll know what happens with the weather when it happens.

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on February 23, 2010, 09:16:27 PM
All that prediction crap is for the evening news ratings. I'll know what happens with the weather when it happens.

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 18, 2010, 09:00:17 PM
i dont think monday is going to be a big event....but ill go out on a limb and say we may get a failry big one on or around the 26th

MDS

why did the accuweather map have brownsville labeled?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

farg this shtein already. Supposed to be flying outta Philly to the Big Easy for my Bachelors Party on Friday morning. All my boys are trying to come up with a backup plan now...this shtein sucks.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Die-Hard on February 24, 2010, 01:59:34 PM
All my boys are trying to come up with a backup plan now

franks?