The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I like the bitch on CBS telling methe snow isn't reaching the ground yet when outside it's coming down at a pretty good pace.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl

Or how every weather application has south Jersey getting nothing right now but its like a whiteout out there and there's oven an inch on the ground.

wtf?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

is this some kind of a joke?

QuoteA very significant winter storm is possible early next week with a wide area of 1-3 foot snows possible. Residents from Washington, DC through Philly and NYC to Boston, including those in DE/NJ/MD/CT/RI/CT should pay close attention to this developing situation.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

reese125

this report means shtein phillygirl unless I see a nam report or a model scale of pressure gradiants tapping into greenland

Seabiscuit36

http://www.liveweatherblogs.com/prometweatherblogs/12/2/2473/FEB-26-&-MARCH-2-CHANCES-OF-A-STORM

Well, guess its a good thing i bought the insurance on my trip to PR if we cant get out.. Farg
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Paging meteorologist Havas, Havas to the green screen please!

Sgt PSN

yeah, i don't beleive anything in regards to the weather until igy says it. 

MDS

haha i hope you idiots get crushed. ill be 2000 miles away getting gang raped by some dude named pedro and his 23 year old son paco. farg yea.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quoteits becoming more likely that a significant winter storm, perhaps the biggest of the season, will strike the Mid Atlantic and Northeast regions during the middle to end of next week. Residents hit hard by previous storms in DC/Baltimore/Philly as well as more northern cities such as NYC/Hartford/Providence/Boston ...should keep an eye on long range forecasts for the possibility of very heavy precipitation.

ice grillin you

yeah there are models that are suggesting a big one next week...but its way to early...some models show a noreaster...others show a rainstorm...and others show it floating out to sea....id lean toward some type of noreaster that produces snow at this point...but details are sketchy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

oh im hanging on your every word igums
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 17, 2010, 09:49:21 AM
Quoteits becoming more likely that a significant winter storm, perhaps the biggest of the season, will strike the Mid Atlantic and Northeast regions during the middle to end of next week. Residents hit hard by previous storms in DC/Baltimore/Philly as well as more northern cities such as NYC/Hartford/Providence/Boston ...should keep an eye on long range forecasts for the possibility of very heavy precipitation.

Nobody would pay attention to Weatherboy if he said things like, "nothing is happening for a while."

QB Eagles

AccuWeather shows the predicted storm as weaker and more northerly than what has come before. They are calling for about a foot max and Philly is on the southern edge of the significant snowfall area. Still too early to say for sure, though.

ice grillin you

actually more models are trending it on a southerly track

more models also predictiong a snowstorm...tho it should be said that more than one model have it as a mix/rain event for the middle atlantic

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

I'm heading to the Big Easy next week. This shtein better not farg with my flight.