The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

So I lost cable and internet.  Kinda fargs with working from home
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 10, 2010, 12:32:49 PM

See Sassy you can post by smoke signal.  In this case, weed smoke signal no doubt.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 10, 2010, 12:31:29 PM
there's a kid in nebraska or oklahoma who became mayor at 18 or 19.  and it's not just some small rinky dink town, it's one of the larger cities in that state i believe. 

jason tylor hammons is the kid i was thinking about.  kid was a freshmen at oklahoma when he won the election in muskogee,, ok a couple years ago. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_youngest_mayors_in_the_United_States

list of the youngest mayors in the country. 

lol @ crabb, tx electing an 11 yr old kid back in 1983.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on February 10, 2010, 12:36:06 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on February 10, 2010, 12:32:49 PM

See Sassy you can post by smoke signal.  In this case, weed smoke signal no doubt.

i was wondering how one could post with no internet.  i think you might be on to something. 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 10, 2010, 12:02:59 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 10, 2010, 11:53:31 AM
And according to you, smog, traffic, earthquakes, terrible schools, unchanging seasons, dirty beaches and horrendous taxes are all prime reasons to live in SoCal.

i don't think anyone living in jersey can legitimately argue about a place having dirty beaches.  not to mention that even though i don't particularly care for life on the west coast, i've yet to see any dirty beaches.  the beaches out here make the jersey shore look like a cesspool.  

I lived out there. It was a very common occurrence for the beach to be "closed" due to a failing grade.

And who the farg advertises how great Jersey beaches are?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

So what if the Mayor was out of town drinking and fargin on his birthday. He has a staff and it doesn't take the mayor sitting in his office to order the idiots to go plow some roads.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 10, 2010, 02:06:37 PM... the idiots to go plow some roads.

Texas prison guards being so much smarter than truck drivers?

PhillyPhreak54

Well, I'm no longer a prison guard. But it doesn't take a genius to know when to fire up the trucks and plow the roads.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 10, 2010, 02:06:37 PM
So what if the Mayor was out of town drinking and fargin on his birthday. He has a staff and it doesn't take the mayor sitting in his office to order the idiots to go plow some roads.

i'm not opposed to anyone celebrating and getting farged up on their b-day.  and maybe i'm wrong on this one, but i don't think the issue is that he's celebrating his b-day like any other 30yr old dude would, but probably the fact that this storm has been on the radar for over a week and dude still decided to jump ship and head to vegas or where ever the farg he is. 

it's one thing if dude takes a vacation and shtein hits the fan while you're gone.  but to know that a mega-storm is brewing and is likely going to cripple the area you are in charge of governing and still make the decision to go party is inexcusable and shows a major lack of maturity and judgement on his part. 

Diomedes

Flunked out, huh?  Well maybe you can make it as a plow truck driver?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on February 10, 2010, 02:11:09 PM
Flunked out, huh?  Well maybe you can make it as a plow truck driver?

lol...I haven't guarded an inmate since 2006 (in PA) and in Texas since 2003.

I have a cake job now. I sell lumber and plywood to millwork and cabinet shops.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 10, 2010, 02:10:57 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 10, 2010, 02:06:37 PM

i'm not opposed to anyone celebrating and getting farged up on their b-day.  and maybe i'm wrong on this one, but i don't think the issue is that he's celebrating his b-day like any other 30yr old dude would, but probably the fact that this storm has been on the radar for over a week and dude still decided to jump ship and head to vegas or where ever the farg he is. 

it's one thing if dude takes a vacation and shtein hits the fan while you're gone.  but to know that a mega-storm is brewing and is likely going to cripple the area you are in charge of governing and still make the decision to go party is inexcusable and shows a major lack of maturity and judgement on his part. 

I understand what you're saying. But even then, so what if he's not there. Is it going to be better or worse if he's holed up in his house within the city limits? Can his staff and more importantly the streets department not figure out their jobs. I'm not going to rip the guy for not showing solidarity with the people by staying at home because of a snowstorm.