The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Calling for 24 inches here in South Jersey today.

Right now, it just started sleeting like MAD. This snow will be a bitch to shovel when all is said and done. Heavy wet snow on the bottom, 2 inches of ice in the middle and then 2 feet of snow on top.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hbionic

Sounds like a bad ice cream sandwich
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

you got to go out and shovel in stages.  if you wait for it all to end, you've farged yourself proper
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

Quote from: hbionic on February 10, 2010, 09:30:37 AM
So, are any of you dead this morning from the snow?

Well we had 8" of snow yesterday and then this morning while I was getting ready to leave for work the whole fargin house shook 3 damn times. I thought the Nuke plant by us went boom boom, but it was an earthquake. Freaked me out cause I didn't know what the farg it was until I heard the radio an hour later.

Quotehttp://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/10/illinois.earthquake/index.html?hpt=T2

Why do the idiots get interviewed:
Quote"This is not California. This is northern Illinois. We are not supposed to get earthquakes."

hbionic

There are the rolling earthquakes (lots-o-fun)...then there's the 'holy-shtein-god-just-mushroom-stamped-the-earth' kind of quake (not so much fun)

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

No sooner did I shovel up the crap on the ground (ice, slush, snow) did the actual storm start. here comes the blizzard. Snowing like MAD all of the sudden.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mussa

Been snowing all night and day so far here. Can't get over how much snow we have. Love having a 4x4 truck.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

don't forget to weigh down the back.

Diomedes

I'd like to send out a big farg you to everyone out there bitching about the government not doing a good enough job clearing snow. 

farg you iceholes.  this shtein is bigger than they can handle.  you don't like it, pick up a farging shovel and pitch in.  otherwise, take your whining about taxes and shove 'em up your lazy worthless ass.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Not to mention you live on the east coast....you're one of the stoohpids if you don't know you're gonna get zesty weather.

Like people that live near airports, trains, etc. and then bitch about the noise.

According to PG...this shtein is what makes the East coast so awesome!  ;)

PhillyGirl

And according to you, smog, traffic, earthquakes, terrible schools, unchanging seasons, dirty beaches and horrendous taxes are all prime reasons to live in SoCal.

hbionic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on February 10, 2010, 11:48:17 AM
I'd like to send out a big farg you to everyone out there bitching about the government not doing a good enough job clearing snow. 

farg you iceholes.  this shtein is bigger than they can handle.  you don't like it, pick up a farging shovel and pitch in.  otherwise, take your whining about taxes and shove 'em up your lazy worthless ass.

i assume by "out there" you're talking about people outside of our cozy little :CF community, because i don't really think i've seen anyone here bitching about that. 

at any rate though, i completely agree with your post.  you guys are getting hit with one of the heaviest snowfalls ever for that region.  and from reading some of the updates here and catching blurbs about it on the news, the thing that seems to be so amazing about these recent storms isn't just the amount of snow, but it's how quickly it's falling and accumulating. 

but some people will never be satisfied either.  they bitch about paying taxes and not having clear streets during one of the worst storms ever, but had the local govt's been more prepared and brought in an army of plows, salt trucks and workers and the storm ended up being of minimal impact, then they'd bitch about wasting money preparing for a storm that failed to live up to expectations.  not matter what you do, you just can't win with those idiots.