The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

just noticed that someone stole my farging snow shovels off my front porch last night. 

shame on me for leaving them out I suppose, but farg people all the same.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

that sucks dio, we brought ours back in last night for that reason.  My dog was barking like someone had gotten on our front porch opened the door and no one was there.  Just to be safe we brought them in. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

It's crazy how the stores run out of snow shovels every time we have a big storm. What the farg do people do with the ones they bought the last time?

rjs246

Leave them on their front porches...
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Susquehanna Birder

LMAO

Sorry about your shovels, Dio. Hopefully you can find something in the next day or so.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

I've got some coal shovels so I'm good.  You don't really want a wide blade now that the snow is all iced and heavy anyway.  Tomorrow however, I'm gonna be missing the snow shovels.

There's shovels on front porches throughout the city.  I'm just the unlucky bastich I suppose.

Plow came through about two hours ago and blocked my street with a big pile, then left.  So for the past hour and a half I been out there clearing it. 

City is asking residents to pitch in and help clear streets.  Of course you get a bunch of people bitching they shouldn't have to, what do I pay taxes for, etc.  farg them.  30 inches of snow is a problem bigger than government can handle.  You want that fire truck to be able to get through, pick up a farging shovel and do some work.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Storms like this bring out the best and worst in people, my neighbors and i all helped eachother dig out.  Hell one guy in the neighborhood had a backhoe from his business, and spent most of saturday afternoon/night helping to get the huge snow piles left by the plows.  Then you have people like my neighbors who didnt come out of the house until yesterday, and they were throwing their snow into my parking spot.  lazy f'ers
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

The storm also brought out something i've never seen out of my dog, he ran out the door yesterday, and started to attempt to climb a snow pile in the front yard.  At least we thought he did, he was standing straight up.  He just stood there, and about a minute later walked away, he figured out how to pee standing up.  I was impressed

Diomedes

my no. 2, the rott, usually loves snow...bounding in and under and all that.  not this time.  she's actually intimidated by it.

Seabiscuit36

Our dog still loves it, he's liek a deer jumping thru the snow.  He gets a smile on his face just looking out the window at it.  We took him for a walk saturday after the winds died down, and he chose to run thru the deep stuff, and bounce thru it all rather than walk in the street that was plowed, this was probably a mile walk.  Dummy had snow balls frozen all over his underside, and his paws looked like grapefruits

Diomedes

yep, that's what Maude is usually like.  I imagine if I took her down to the Wyman dell where there are sure to be a ton of dogs, she'd be running around.  but that's not happening.  I got intersections to clear.  Ditch Digger to the rescue!

Seabiscuit36

Your ditch diggin skills make you a superhero this winter. 

http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.asp?partner=accuweather&blog=meteomadness
farg, this will be a full whiteout scenario according to this guy. 

ice grillin you

the latest GFS model just came out and shows 1.25 - 1.50 of liquid hitting the balt to nyc corridor

that means snowtorious BIG will be back with another possible 1-2 feet if these models hold
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

and that guy is saying the winds will be worst than the weekend storm.  How farging crazy has this winter been.  Temps are gonna be in the low teens, making the snowfall amounts increase