The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

yea im sure you "called it"
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Gotta give him his props, he said it had the potential.

But that was also after the weather 'experts' out there had already declared it as such.

I didn't bother resizing these oops

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

shorebird

Cool pics, specially the ones with the street lights and the trees lining the streets. Haven't had this much snow in a while, since my kids were still in grade school.

Sgt PSN

hard to tell what that last pic is, but i see what looks like a wheel so i can only assume it's munson's trailer house.  i hope the little guy could get back in ok. 

Rome

hopefully he locked himself out and froze to death.

MDS

i parked in the hospital lot down the street from me. city living + lots of snow + philly govt planning = the suck
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

My dog went nuts when I let him out. Only problem was the snow was so deep my invisible fence didn't work and he took off. There were dogs everywere today. People trying to run them down. Once mine hooked up with the dog down the street they were gone. It was a pain in the ass trying to get him back. Ended up with some wet ass feet 'cause I wasn't ready to go running around in the snow this morning.

shorebird

Notice the yellow stain at the back.

PhillyGirl

Any word on this storm that we're supposed to get on NYE?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phillymic2000

http://www.accuweather.com/news-story.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&article=2

QuoteA significant snow event might be in the works for the mid-Atlantic region and New England later this week. How it all will unfold is not totally clear yet, but the potential is there.

Wednesday, a storm will track along the Gulf Coast with rain breaking out from Louisiana to Georgia. Thursday and Friday there is a chance that accumulating snow spreads from northern Virginia to Southern New England.

The strength of the storm all hinges on what will be going on to the west. A trailing low pressure system will produce light snow across the southern Plains Thursday, and if that energy should happen to catch up to and merge with the storm forming on the East Coast, we could have a pretty nasty situation by Friday.

The other possibility is that these systems remain entirely separate with one coming Thursday and the other happening later Friday into Saturday.

Story By AccuWeather.com Senior Meteorologist John Kocet.

Munson

Nice. Get shtein faced on Thursday night and go play in the snow.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

last i looked, we're gonna see temps of 32 as the low 41 the high, so i wouldnt expect anything other than a sleety mess
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

yeah, that's what they are saying for DC up through Boston...starting off as a mixture and ending up all rain. Lots of it...and lots of wind.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

shorebird

The wind sounds like it's going to blow my windows out right now.

ice grillin you

new years day hockey in a blizzard FTW
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous