The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

They're saying a potential for 24inches plus down here.  Good luck igy they're talking state emergencies going into effect
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

by the looks of it only a few inches in philly so far. weak.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mussa

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on December 19, 2009, 11:12:34 AM
They're saying a potential for 24inches plus down here.  Good luck igy they're talking state emergencies going into effect

state emergency in PA you can ride snow mobile, quad anything on the roads. lucky bastiches!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyGirl

expecting 10-15 in center City MDS....settle down.

Its a complete blizzard here in South Jersey. Calling for 18-24 now.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phillymic2000

http://www.accuweather.com/watches-warnings.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipChg=1&zipcode=19019&metric=0&zone=PAZ071&county=PAC101

Quote...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST SUNDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST SUNDAY.

SNOWFALL WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES TODAY WITH RATES OF 1 TO 3 INCHES
AN HOUR POSSIBLE. STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO BE 12 TO 20
INCHES. THE HIGHEST AMOUNTS ARE EXPECTED IN PARTS OF SOUTHERN NEW
JERSEY... INLAND DELAWARE AND NORTHEAST MARYLAND.

HOWEVER... ALONG THE COAST OF DELAWARE... RAIN IS FORECASTED WHERE
TEMPERATURES HAVE RISEN ABOVE FREEZING. THE RAIN WILL CHANGE TO
SNOW THIS AFTERNOON AS TEMPERATURES DROP. SNOW ACCUMULATION ON THE
DELAWARE COAST IS FORECAST TO BE 4 TO 6 INCHES.

THE SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...COMBINED WITH NORTHEAST TO NORTH
WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS 30 TO 40 MPH WILL PRODUCE AREAS
OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW AND NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS COULD
OCCUR.

WINDS ALONG THE COAST COULD GUST UP TO 50 MPH DURING THE HEIGHT
OF THE STORM AND A WIND ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED. THE
ACCUMULATING SNOW...STRONG WINDS AND COLD TEMPERATURES WILL CAUSE
DANGEROUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS THROUGH TONIGHT WITH GREATLY REDUCED
VISIBILITIES AND TRAVEL SHOULD BE AVOIDED.

QB Eagles

Got a good 4 inches here in Pennsyltucky already, and no signs of the snow letting up. That was supposed to be our total from the whole storm, through to tomorrow morning.

PhillyPhreak54

Is Action News on the scene? Are they doing all day coverage with stupid shtein like viewers photos, viewers send in their snow totals and dumb shtein like that? The whole weatherman on camera with his sleeves rolled up and an exasperated look on his face like he's just been through 17 hours of surgery?

It's clear and sunny and 60 right now.

I'd kill to be in 18" of snow. I'm jealous.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 19, 2009, 12:19:24 PM
Is Action News on the scene? Are they doing all day coverage with stupid shtein like viewers photos, viewers send in their snow totals and dumb shtein like that? The whole weatherman on camera with his sleeves rolled up and an exasperated look on his face like he's just been through 17 hours of surgery?

It's clear and sunny and 60 right now.

I'd kill to be in 18" of snow. I'm jealous.

yes...all of the news channels were doing it this morning, but now its gone into the sporting events on network so they just break in from time to time.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

DH

Not even an inch on Central Jersey yet...hope it stays that way.

SunMo

yeah, this storm sucks.  i'm north east of the city and i don't have shtein
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

FOX29 had a guy from Great Britain walking around in shorts

shorebird

We have 7-9 in. here on Delmarva and they're calling for 12 more. It hasn't let up at all, coming down so hard it's a white out.

mpmcgraw

I'm by Washington Township and we have probably close to 5 inches already.  Its funny cause the roads are already awesome and there's still another 12-16 inches on the way. 

This is going to be pretty epic.

shorebird