The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

pennsyltucky isnt going to get nearly as much...this is a classic coastal noreaster

theres a very good chance north carolina gets more than the northern philly burbs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

Just says snow showers, didn't give amounts. Well we better get some damn snow!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

i'll be down in Chincoteague, i love driving in the snow, just not for 4 hours
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

just look on the net at all the models...all the ingrediants are in place to make this a historic storm.....this looks like every huge noreaster weve ever had...doesnt automatically mean you get a great storm but without all the necessary ingrediants you never do...the models today compare with the top 5 biggest storms on record...

you never wanna over do this because we all have been lucyed by on snowstorms many times...but the planets are all in order and that rarely happens...if this thing plays as it should...1-2 ft should be the norm

Sgt PSN

shorebird

I wonder if Acme is out of shtein paper and milk yet.

phillymic2000

http://www.accuweather.com/news-story.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&article=0

A powerful East Coast storm will clobber the mid-Atlantic region later Friday into Saturday. Heavy snow from western North Carolina to southern New Jersey will cause a serious disruption of travel. Roads will turn icy and snow covered, and major airports such as Dulles and Baltimore-Washington International will have lengthy flight delays. Snow accumulations from central Virginia to Delaware will be as much as 10 or 12 inches.

Along the coast, there will be strong gales, major coastal flooding and beach erosion. Friday night into Saturday, winds from Cape Hatteras to Atlantic City may exceed 50 miles per hour at times. This storm will hit the same portion of the coast that was devastated by strong winds and flooding back in November.

How much snow will fall in New York City and southern New England remains uncertain at this time. Our latest snowfall forecast is for significantly lower amounts, but that idea might have to be scrapped. Storms that become as strong as this one will often spread heavy precipitation farther north than expected.

We've go another day to figure that one out. In the meantime, plan on a big snow through the mid-Atlantic region beginning later Friday.

LBIggle

gonna be fun getting to the game.

phillymic2000

ice grillin you

PhillyGirl

lol that is completely different from accuweather and weather.com...saying 2-4 and 3-5 inches in the Cherry Hill area.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

accuweather and weather.com are worse than local weathermen

mussa

can't wait to load snow into the back of the truck and not have a garage to worry about  ^-^
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

I canceled my trip to VA, i'm not gonna drive 4 hours minimum home thru that shtein saturday night.  farging pissed.  In other news, IGY can't spell ingredients 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phillymic2000

Accuweather Premium has been money for our school district over the past 3 years. They called the 11-13 inch snow storm last week when everyone else, locals included were calling for 6-8 inches of snow. So farg you ;D