The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

it snowed in the desert last winter.  nothing major, but a nice 4" coating.  everything was shut down for 2 days including the base.  i wish i had a plow for my 4runner.  i'd have made crazy loot from the city.

shorebird

It's been raining on the shore for 4 days straight. Finnally looks like it might break this morning. I hope so. The Kent Narrows is just about under water.

Seabiscuit36

you live by there Shorebird?  I love it down that way, great boating
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

I'm 3 min. away from the Narrows. It's a nice place in the summer, lots of boaters and bikini's. I have to think though, that one of those hurricances is going to come north and take a hard left at the Chesapeake. I'll have to head for higher ground when that happens.

Seabiscuit36

nice man, its a beautiful area down there. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Yes it is. Lots of this..

...and this...

PhillyPhreak54

They are calling for snow here tomorrow. I doubt any sticks because the ground is probably still too warm, and if it did it would only be a dusting. But it is hilarious to see the local weather people get fired up about this.

One of my pet peeves is when newscasts in snow areas, like Philly, have all day coverage of snow storms. The obligatory shots of the salt trucks getting ready to roll from the PennDOT yards, the shots of the empty snow shovel bins at Home Depot (why do they sell so fast, don't people keep their old ones?), and of course the idiots who go crazy at ACME for milk, bread and eggs.

All these hicks down here will shtein themselves trying to drive in snow or ice. I'm not even gonna try to drive anywhere tomorrow if it coats the roads or ices up even a little bit.

phillymic2000

Global Warming is complete BULLshtein, nice e-mail scam!

PhillyPhreak54

There was a dude standing on the corner with a sign "GLOBAL WARMING IS HERE" and screaming at cars.

Sgt PSN

the global warming nutbags are trying to use the same fear mongering tactics that bush used for 7 years.  of course, that doesn't mean that global warming isn't real, because i think it is.  but at the same time, i think that at least part of what we've been experiencing in terms of climate change is a natural "evolution" of our planet, the atmosphere and the environment.  throughout history, the earth has been hot, it's been cold, it froze over and then it melted.  are we as people affecting the environment?  of course we are.  but make no mistake about it, the earth's climates will change again and will continue to do so from now until the end of time and whether people inhabit the earth or not.  the problem is that our vehicles, factories and a 30 year obsession with aqua net have helped expedite the whole warming process. 

anyone who doesn't realize that is either living in a false reality or is simply too dumb/ignorant to accept it. 

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 06, 2009, 12:54:27 AM
until the end of time and whether people inhabit the earth or not.

Doesn't time end once people are gone? My dog doesn't have a watch.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Seabiscuit36

It was cold as farg up in Central PA this weekend.  Luckily whores keep you warm. 

phillymic2000

Expecting blizzard like conditions. 20-30 mph winds, gusts to 50mph along with up to a foot of snow ;D Glad I got my new boss v-plow on our new truck! Farg yeah bring it on!

shorebird

Just went outside and started my truck...maaaan, it's friggen' coolllllldddddd!!

ice grillin you

havent seen totals yet but its supposed to snow like a mother all day saturday...and the heaviest ish will be south and east of dc right down by you sure
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous