The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

all the curtains getting sucked out the house is a pretty good indicator hombre

but yes, you can feel atmospheric pressure change rapidly...maybe this sort of thing doesn't happen in hell a?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Not really...its usually a chilly 70 degrees constantly. The only pressure I notice is from my leg joints whenever I try to squat out bat wings during hot weather.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyGirl

I get the worst headaches when its going to rain and the pressure changes like that.

Its about to storm something fierce here too.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hbionic

I never noticed that. Ever. Seasonal allergies yes...but I guess it must be because precipitation does not exist on this part of the planet.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: hbionic on June 09, 2009, 05:54:22 PM
I never noticed that. Ever. Seasonal allergies yes...but I guess it must be because precipitation does not exist on this part of the planet.

Won't matter much when you're under water in a few years.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hbionic

SD_Eagle5

This weather is awesome, hopefully my electricity cuts out soon so I have absolutely nothing to do.

I often wondered who people are complaining too when they complain about the weather. I'd say religous folks are complaining to god but I think they're too paranoid they'll get struck by lightning. When I lived in SD it rained for a week straight, first time in like 20 years, and this civilian lady that worked at the hospital said "you know, we pay all this money to live here for good weather and this is what we get". I wanted to bitch slap her.

Rome

Florida:  Scorching hot, 100% humidity.  Welcome to four straight months of misery.  Oh, and hurricanes too, which is nice.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on June 20, 2009, 10:57:12 AM
Florida:  Scorching hot, 100% humidity.  Welcome to four straight months of misery.  Oh, and hurricanes too, which is nice.

Bright side:  I lose about 12 pounds every time I mow.

Father Demon

I'll be in Ft. Myers, Tampa, and Orlando the week after the 4th on biz.  Looking forward to wearing 8 different shirts there while I go from appointment to appointment.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

lose some of that blubber and you can cut it down to four shirts
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

With all the crazy weather we've been having, torrential downpours and stiffling heat, my tomato plants are really jumping. It's like you can watch them grow.

I will have fresh Merillin' 'maters for the 4th.

Diomedes

fried green tomatos, yum

shorebird

Nothin' like a BLT with a fresh acidy md. 'mater.

Rome