The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Our damage assessment plan has already been activated.  It's still at least five days out at the earliest.  Been here nine years and I've never seen the EOC activated this early. 

QB Eagles

In my area, we could use a hurricane. Three months without rain. There are fires throughout the area and the sky has been choked with smoke for days.

The scenic Columbia River Gorge is burning down for the first time since 1902, wiping out the main tourist and hiking spots in the area. Now ash is falling. My streetlights stayed on throughout the day yesterday because the sun never really pierced the smoke. 100 degrees today, and bad wind conditions could mean the fires could spread massively. Apparently the main fire just jumped the river into Washington.

Pic someone on FB took last night:

SD

Look like a scene from this is the end

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

The iceholes on the weather channel aren't doing anyone any favors by ginning up terror over this shtein.  I can understand warning people but that's not what they're doing.  They're scaring the shtein out of everyone.  Now people are running to stores as if the end of the world is coming.  It's farging absurd. 

ice grillin you

holy crap irma is a friggin monster...180 sustained
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 05, 2017, 09:29:46 AM

Phreak, instead of Irma, worry about that shtein developing in your backyard there. Also, good chance we see Jose coming up behind Irma today or tomorrow.

Sheesh! I didn't know about that little farger down off Mexico. That is where Harvey was. I'm hopeful that the cold front we have coming through this week will help deflect it.

I'm supposed to go to New Orleans on the 27th for a couple days. We'll see if that holds

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on September 05, 2017, 09:38:05 AM
Our damage assessment plan has already been activated.  It's still at least five days out at the earliest.  Been here nine years and I've never seen the EOC activated this early.

Harvey being fresh on peoples minds plus the fact Irma is a big bad bitch has people being tuned in

Good luck man - I hope you and Geo make it ok.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 05, 2017, 09:43:45 AM
In my area, we could use a hurricane. Three months without rain. There are fires throughout the area and the sky has been choked with smoke for days.

The scenic Columbia River Gorge is burning down for the first time since 1902, wiping out the main tourist and hiking spots in the area. Now ash is falling. My streetlights stayed on throughout the day yesterday because the sun never really pierced the smoke. 100 degrees today, and bad wind conditions could mean the fires could spread massively. Apparently the main fire just jumped the river into Washington.

Pic someone on FB took last night:

My lord...that is wild.

What part of Oregon are you in again?

I remember when I went to Medford it was hot as hell.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on September 05, 2017, 09:48:26 AM
The iceholes on the weather channel aren't doing anyone any favors by ginning up terror over this shtein.  I can understand warning people but that's not what they're doing.  They're scaring the shtein out of everyone.  Now people are running to stores as if the end of the world is coming.  It's farging absurd.

Of course. Its all about ratings.

I stay away from the Weather Ch and the local freakshows. There is a blog run by a guy here (space city weather) who is my go to. No hype.

QB Eagles

I'm in Portland. This fire is immediately to the east, along the Columbia River. The area is a deep gorge with waterfalls and national park level beauty and a lot of historic areas. All going up in smoke now though. My car was covered with ash this morning, like a volcano had gone off. It's a crazy place to be right now. All because some jerkoff teenager threw a firecracker off a cliff.

ice grillin you

almost every latest track out there has it over florida

ice grillin you

SD

Rome

I hope you got that girl pregnant with 20 kids last night.