The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 28, 2017, 03:12:28 PM
Glad you're safe so far, Phreak.  Looking forward to seeing selfies of you in your Trot jersey as the hurricane comes barreling in.

Lolol

So the next wave should begin tomorrow night. It's been raining all day and the winds are kicking up to 30-40.

I was going to go to SA but I'm pinned in. All highways are pretty much under water.

I drove over to the office this morning to check on it and thankfully a Walgreens was open so I could restock the beer supply.

Sgt PSN

My sis is "feeling it" up in Austin....basically just strong winds and rain and some flash flooding.  Worst that she's had to deal with is her outdoor canopy gazebo is trashed and the flowerbeds in front of her house are jacked up.  Some pretty apocalyptic shtein. 

Geowhizzer

School ended up cancelled today because of the flooding down here.  Too many streets under water for safe transportation.

No rain today, so the waters are beginning to subside.  We'll have school tomorrow, but a few students won't be able to get out of their homes to get there.

Hasn't been bad at my house at all, but low-lying areas near rivers or canals have water approaching their homes.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

this is a really interesting piece on how harvey is really a man made disaster

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/29/a-storm-made-in-washington-215549

QuoteHurricane Harvey is not the first costly flood to hit Houston since that 1998 report. In 2001, Tropical Storm Allison dumped more than two feet of rain on the city, causing about $5 billion in damages. Two relatively modest storms that hit Houston in 2015 and 2016--so small they didn't get names--did so much property damage they made the list of the 15 highest-priced floods in U.S. history. But Houston's low-lying flatlands keep booming, as sprawling subdivisions and parking lots pave over the wetlands and pastures that used to soak up the area's excess rainfall, which is how Houston managed to host three "500-year floods" in the last three years.

Rome

I'm really farging tired of reading about how people are thinking about or praying for the Harvey victims. 

Shut the farg up and donate.

https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation?scode=RSG00000E017&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs66wts381QIViABpCh3GKw_uEAAYASABEgK9IPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CL-FrrnN_NUCFccQgQod2iAEsA

ice grillin you

not to the red cross tho.....they are pretty inept when it comes to disasters and efficiently distributing the money

Sgt PSN

Donate to something local....like Joel Osteen.  For every $1000 donation he receives he will also hand deliver your prayers to god.

Rome

Pick a charity then.  Idgaf.  Just stop wasting your time praying and do something tangible and 100% less retarded. 

MDS

the redcross you can just text to donate. its easy. give me a text to donate thing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 29, 2017, 10:17:41 AM
Donate to something local....like Joel Osteen.  For every $1000 donation he receives he will also hand deliver your prayers to god.

Is there a bigger piece of shtein alive? This generations Bakkers

Sgt PSN

He says his parking lot is flooded and that's why he can't open the doors. A couple dudes drove out there and walked around and recorded it. I think one of them might have stepped in a puddle and got his socks wet. I hope he doesn't get jungle rot.

smeags

olsteen needs to receive a curb job. beyond the phoney religious BS, he blinks too much.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

Not something worth paying a lot lot of attention to before Tuesday or so, but Hurricane Irma looks like it could be a Category 4 or 5 threat to land.

Here's a projection of it hanging off the coast with a Cat 5 pressure level on Sept 11.

Rome

Yep.  They're shteinting bricks at the EOC here.  We've already been put on alert as of this morning.  My wife and I are both emergency responders in our positions now but if this thing hits like that, there will be nothing left to come back to.