The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

You moved from PA to Alabama to Kansas - Check
You had to "hunker down" in the closet under the stairs to avoid a tornado - Check
Your mom took you and your brother to Walmart - Check
You got home and there was a funnel coming down across the street - Check

ice grillin you

not sure bout hickish but amazingly MA...only thing that could have made it better was if the funnel was a cake instead of a cloud
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I mean it's literally in MA so yeah

PhillyPhreak54

Another round of insane flooding here.

Last Memorial Day we had floods but these seem to be worse. It started about 9pm last night and hasn't stopped. I've been up since 2 and had a tornado warning about 3.

Most of the rain stayed north of I-10 but has begun to sink south. I'm north of 10 and have about 16" of rain in my neighborhood.

My boss is one of those stubborn ones. He drives in from San Antonio on Monday so I texted him at 4 to not try. He was already on the way and got stuck on the interstate. He finally makes it into the office and never told us to not come. I tried but couldn't make it even with my truck. My neighborhood didn't even flood in the hurricane. It was up to my door. Stopped at the grocery store for beer and wings and came home.

http://abc13.com/news/video-reporter-steve-campion-rescues-driver-from-flood/1296639/

And then there's this farging guy

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

Yep! That's what I told my boss. It sucked that we even had to try to make it in. Love working for him but this is one of his blind spots...knowing when to shut it down.

I tried three ways in. First one was obviously blocked. Wasn't even gonna attempt it. And it worried me because that route never floods.

Second and third I had to turn around and had water up to my door.

I'll drive in snow and ice willingly before flooding.

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 18, 2016, 12:26:38 PM
http://abc13.com/news/video-reporter-steve-campion-rescues-driver-from-flood/1296639/

Best is when his reverse lights go on about :40 like it's going to get him out.

And his wipers still going off right before it sinks.

And then once the guy tells him to swim, he buries his face in the water like he's swimming laps in an Olympic pool. No need to bury your face in filthy water to go like 5 feet dude.

Great video.

PhillyPhreak54

Best part is he's a college professor. Students recognized him on TV.

Book smart but dumb.

And the other one of the lady in the Benz is not too far from my place. Notorious for flooding because it's all underpasses. And she has a damn baby in the car.

MDS

can the gulf just swallow that god damn cesspool of a city already
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

And now they're finding bodies in submerged cars.

I cannot understand how anyone can drive into an underpass area where they have the flood gauges on the wall showing how deep the water is. Some of those can hold 20-25 feet of water.

They just found two bodies in cars in an area where the water was 20ft.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 18, 2016, 04:50:33 PM
Best part is he's a college professor. Students recognized him on TV.

Book smart but dumb.

And the other one of the lady in the Benz is not too far from my place. Notorious for flooding because it's all underpasses. And she has a damn baby in the car.

My one history professor was one of the most brilliant men I ever knew.  Spoke like a dozen languages and knew pretty much all European history since the dawn of time.  Managed to mistake white out for his eye drops and missed about 2-3 weeks of classes, then had to use a large magnifying glass on top of his regular glasses (which were coke-bottle thick) for a month after that.

PhillyPhreak54

lol academic smarts trumps common sense

Dude went back and wanted to drive his car out of there.

Munson

Just had a really random and crazy hail storm. Was loud as hell. I definitely saw a few golf ball size hail fall.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds