Westbrook fires agent Fletcher Smith

Started by SD_Eagle5, July 17, 2008, 01:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Link

QuoteA source close to the situation indicated that Westbrook may end up hiring All Pro Sports & Entertainment Inc., the group that includes agents Peter Schaffer and Lamont Smith. That is the same group that represented Sheppard before he hired Rosenhaus earlier this week. Agent John Rickert is also part of the All Pro group and represents Eagles running back Correll Buckhalter, another former client of Fletcher Smith.

At least it's not Drew...yet.

QuoteAsked last week if he would consider holding out from this year's training camp, Westbrook said, "to be honest with you, I don't know. I don't foresee me holding out of this training camp, but . .

Lovely

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

this is why they traded for booker

i hope he hires drew.....farg joe banner
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Dammit... why the farg don't the Eagles just take care of this shtein before things gets ugly?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: EagleFeva on July 17, 2008, 03:12:05 PM
Dammit... why the farg don't the Eagles just take care of this shtein before things gets ugly?

Ask Mr. Nickle and Dime.

I'm fairly confident Westbrook will have a new deal by the time the season starts. What sucks is now they have to explain over and over again to the other schmuck why Westbrook is deserving of a new deal but Lito isn't.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm glad you're confident, SD. I'm not. They have not shown that they will go out and get that deal done, especially if he holds out.

And this is his second agent switch. He went with "McNabb's guy" prior to the last extension, I believe.

I don't agree with igy that this is why they got Booker. I think they got Booker because they realize that Buck is running on borrowed time, Moats is a dumbass who fumbles all the time and Hunt is a major unknown.

Fix the situation, Eagles. Give the most underrated player in the NFL his cash and make him happy. He is the best player on the team and probably the best and most team-important player in the entire division. GET IT DONE.

BigEd76

FWIW, L.Smith/Schaffer are Jamaal Jackson's agents...

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 17, 2008, 09:19:11 PM
I don't agree with igy that this is why they got Booker. I think they got Booker because they realize that Buck is running on borrowed time, Moats is a dumbass who fumbles all the time and Hunt is a major unknown.

after the battle with the money they overpaid him and the fact that theyve known for quite a while how upset he is with his deal and then what they gave samuel pissing off the team you best believe they got booker as a insurance policy...

not that they dont like him and also i think hes an injury insurance policy but at the heart of the move is protection against contract issues...the same way they drafted moats in case westbrook left they traded for booker

rjs246

Can we please stop referring to Westbrook as underrated? He's been to the probowl. Everyone knows who he is and knows what he means to this offense. He's not underrated.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on July 17, 2008, 09:47:37 PM
Can we please stop referring to Westbrook as underrated? He's been to the probowl. Everyone knows who he is and knows what he means to this offense. He's not underrated.

hes ridiculously underrated in terms of media and fan attention....the players and coaches know how good he is

reese125

what? the media rides his nuts all the time

all you hear is he is the best 2-dimensional weapon this, big-threat that. What other RB's in the league get the most media and fan attention besides LT and Peterson?

BigEd76

but he hasn't been on the cover of a video game yet!

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on July 17, 2008, 09:55:20 PM
what? the media rides his nuts all the time

all you hear is he is the best 2-dimensional weapon this, big-threat that. What other RB's in the league get the most media and fan attention besides LT and Peterson?

of course its dallas and ny but christ marion barber and brandon jacobs get as much or more attention...reggie bush...joseph addai...westbrook gets slept on so hard for how good he is

SunMo

lol, comcast talks about Westbrook all the time and Reese thinks he gets a ton of media attention
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on July 17, 2008, 10:03:05 PM
lol, comcast talks about Westbrook all the time and Reese thinks he gets a ton of media attention

ha...i was gonna say that...we are talking nationally