Predict the 53

Started by PhillyandBCEagles, April 30, 2006, 04:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey418

Well from all the coach speak they seem to be high on Perry, which is why I have him making the team at RB with Moats and Westy.  I think if Buck performs in preseason and stays healthy, he'll make the team.
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

Diomedes

Didn't know where else to put this:

QuoteEagles | No June 1 cuts likely
Sat, 20 May 2006 11:40:53 -0700

Mark Eckel, writing for the Sporting News, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have close to $10 million left in salary cap space and will not have to make any cuts to their roster June 1. The team could be on the lookout for a veteran wide receiver or linebacker if one is released.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Eckel thinks they'll be on the lookout for a veteran LB?  I think that's only possible if Emmons or someone else they think would be a better 1-year stopgap at SAM than we have now (Jones) shakes free.  Then, they'd end up probably cutting Jones.  Phreak/Ed/anyone, which WR's are possibilities for June 1 cuts?

Sgt PSN

Feva

Bunkley says Jimmy Smith will be available on June 1.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Sgt PSN

Quote from: EagleFeva on May 20, 2006, 04:49:36 PM

We should sign him and then cut him in training camp.......just for old time's sake. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

He'll be available every June 1 from here to eternity.

Feva

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 20, 2006, 05:14:18 PM

He'll be available every June 1 from here to eternity.

But he'll always still have 2 years left in him.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

I'd appreciate it if you jackasses would stay on topic. Thanks.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on May 20, 2006, 06:24:24 PM

Whatever.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: rjs246 on May 20, 2006, 06:24:24 PM

Your gay!

I am drunk as shtein right now and looking at the best camel toe I have ever seen. :yay

Hooray beer!
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

QB - McNabb, Garthia, Neckbeard
RB - Westbrook, Moats, Perry
FB - Tapeh
WR- Brown, Gaffney, Avant, Lewis, McCants, Bloom
TE - Smith, Shobel, Bartrum
OL - Thomas, Justice, Jackson, Andrews, Runyan, Giles, Herremans, Clarke,
C - Jackson, Fraley
DL - Kearse, Howard, Cole, Thomas, McDougle, Bunkley, Patterson, Walker, Rayburn, Jasper
CB - Sheppard, Brown, Hood, Strickland, Ware
LB - Trotter, Barber, Jones :puke, Gocong, Gaither, Short
S - Dawkins, Lewis, Considine, Mikell

K - Akers
P - Johnson

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 20, 2006, 04:43:07 PM
Eckel thinks they'll be on the lookout for a veteran LB?  I think that's only possible if Emmons or someone else they think would be a better 1-year stopgap at SAM than we have now (Jones) shakes free.  Then, they'd end up probably cutting Jones.  Phreak/Ed/anyone, which WR's are possibilities for June 1 cuts?

I honestly do not see a lot of June 1st cuts being made.

Why?

Because of two things;

1. When the new CBA was reached there was a thing put in there where teams could cut a player (or two) at anytime prior to June 1st and designate him as a post June 1st cut and treat the salary breakdowns as such. So hypothetically the Eagles could've cut Dhani Jones on May 17th and designated him one of those players and then had cap relief the same as if they had waited until June 1st.

2. When the CBA was signed and the cap jumped so much there weren't really a lot of teams in cap trouble. Now, there might be a few guys who will be cut because a team has signed a player and drafted a few, but I don't see many, if any, strictly salary cap based cuts.

I do think that if Emmons is cut, they will sign him.

The BIGSTUD

KFFL has a few june 1st cuts possibilities.

Dexter Coakley, David Patten.

I thought Emmons would be one too, but...

QuoteGiants | Team will not likely have any June 1 cuts
Sat, 20 May 2006 10:52:17 -0700

Ralph Vacchiano, writing for the Sporting News, reports the New York Giants are not likely to have any cuts for June 1.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.