A thread to talk about poker

Started by rjs246, November 03, 2005, 10:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

I was there for the 2004 and 2005 WSOP.  Pretty neat time.  Got to meet and talk to several professionals.  The biggest jackbag of them all was Johnny Chan.  That guy was a di ck.  Phil Hellmuth was also kind of a jerk but I expected that.  Chris Ferguson was very, very, very cool.  I talked to him for probably 20 minutes just shooting the shiat.  I also got to meet and sit down and talk with Doyle Brunson.  That man could not have been any nicer.  Gus Hanson was very cool.  Phil Ivey was friendly but not overly nice or anything.  Howard Lederer had like a security guard guy with him.  As soon as play was over, Lederer would just take off to some room.  He would not speak to anyone.  Negraneau (sp?) was sneaky.  I saw him playing, but never saw him during the breaks.  Other guys I saw but did not speak with (no interest in talking to them really) James Woods, John Favreau, Toby Mcguire, and Ben Affleck.

Kind of a funny story about Ben Affleck.  He was sitting right near a rail on the outer edge of tables, so there was a huge crowd around him.  It had to be distracting to play.  But anyways, he looked like shiat.  Actually, he looked like I do on any given weekend during the winter (even though he was in Vegas in July)  He had on a ratty pair of jeans and a t-shirt that was way too small.  His shirt was so small, that when he leaned on to the table he had a massive case of plumbers butt going.  It was pretty nasty but the girls seemed to love it.  He did not seem to notice.  At one point, Ben apparently needed to stretch.  He stood up and leaned back to stretch.  When he did, that little shirt creeped up his pale white, hairy stomach.  His fly was down and he just scratched away.  Me describing this story does not do it justice.  You just simply had to see it.  He looked like such a hoosier.  It was pretty damn funny to see.

As for me, Iwasthisclose to playing in the main event.  I won a seat in a $3000 satellite tourney.  Made it to heads up.  winner plays in the Main Event, loser doesn't.  We were pretty close in chips.  My opponent makes a decent sized raise pre-flop.  I look down to see A6c.  I come over the top of him for about 3Xs his raise.  He calls.  Flop comes A 2 9 rainbow.  I am to act first and check.  He makes about a pot sized bet.  I come over the top and go all in.  He calls and turns over K2 off.  Turn was an 8.  River was a K.  I was down to my last $4000 and lost on the next hand when I moved all in with a pair of 7s.  He had QJ and spiked a J on the turn.  Sometimes I really hate this game.  :boom
I love lesbians.

phattymatty

jesus christ this madsen kid came in third in another event. 

Seven Card Stud High-Low 8/OB

he's second in player of the year rankings now, just in the last two weeks.

rjs246

Holy shtein. It looks like we might have a new best player in the world. That's amazing.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

2 bracelets and 2 thirds so far.  incredible.   

rjs246

Incredible is right. I'm genuinely in awe of this kid. And murderously jealous of his talent and newfound wealth.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on July 27, 2006, 02:46:07 PM
Incredible is right. I'm genuinely in awe of this kid. And murderously jealous of his talent and newfound wealth.

If you actually did murder him, you could steal his money, but you'd still be talentless.

rjs246

That's fine. I'd rather be rich and talentless than poor and talentless. It's a definite step up.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

regardless of how good he is at poker, he's got to be on some sort of previously unheard of lucky streak.

rjs246

So I played heads up against one of my buddies last night.
We started off playing 2/4 limit. Each had $100. Limit is my best game. He's a much better no-limit player.
Anyway, I won his $100 from him in about an hour and the agreed to play no-limit. Only fair.

Well, he only bought $100 more, so I had a 2 to 1 money advantage, which, in no limit, is a pretty friggin big advantage. Anyway, I won that $100 from him. And another. And another. And another. He didn't stop rebuying until I had won $1000 from him. You read that right.

He's on a payment plan. He gave me a 30% down payment. He'll be paying my tourney buy-ins for a while.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Father Demon

that's hilarious....

so this guy volunteers to go into head-to-head match at a 6-1, 7-1, 8-1, even 9-1 disadvantage with chips?  Your friend is a dumbass!   :-D
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

rjs246

Quote from: Father Demon on July 28, 2006, 08:55:35 AM
that's hilarious....

so this guy volunteers to go into head-to-head match at a 6-1, 7-1, 8-1, even 9-1 disadvantage with chips? Your friend is a dumbass!

Yeah, the last two times he bought in it was for $200, but still, he was 6:2 and then 8:2. Idiot.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

norm mcdonald is in 7th place right now at the main event.  and Laura Prepon is in 16th.

she's hot.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, neither of them are in the top 100 anymore.

P.S.  No one mentioned that Hellmuth won himself another bracelet and is behind that Madsen kid for WSOP 2006 POY.

ice grillin you

P.S.  No one mentioned that Hellmuth won himself another bracelet and is behind that Madsen kid for WSOP 2006 POY.

another as in his 11th??
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2006, 08:44:38 AM

another as in his 11th??

Nevermind.  You did mention it.  You rule.  This is the 5 seconds of glory you've always hoped for.