A thread to talk about poker

Started by rjs246, November 03, 2005, 10:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

No, I knew he'd push all in with an Ace, no matter what the kicker was, and that my Ace-Queen was probably the better hand. Ace Queen vs. Ace-any kicker lower is NOT a coin flip, it's more like 70-30 that I'll win. He got lucky.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm going to win some money tonight, rather than pretend I outplayed everyone and lose money.

I'd say "wish me luck", but I don't need it.

Wingspan

Quote from: Munson on July 19, 2006, 06:14:29 PM
No, I knew he'd push all in with an Ace, no matter what the kicker was, and that my Ace-Queen was probably the better hand. Ace Queen vs. Ace-any kicker lower is NOT a coin flip, it's more like 70-30 that I'll win. He got lucky.

it's not true to 70/30...thats heads up odds. which you werent with other players left. it's about 2:1

the odds are even as to what will come on the 5 cards dealt the 8 or the queen.

am basing this on a guess of 5 players left at the table

with 5 people seated AQ is only 26% to win, while A8 is 19.4% off the deal, knowing no other cards. but at least 6 other cards dealt.

AQ may be a good hand as a short stack to push all in on, it's not a good enough hand to call an all in on when you are faced with losing most of your chips.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phattymatty

PoopyfaceMcGee

"My" A9 (playing for a friend that had to go home while he was still in) lost to AJ heads up on the final hand last night... so all is right with the world.  I guess I shouldn't talk about my QQ getting busted by 42, though.

I played like ass last night anyway.  I'm out of practice, I guess.  Luck had nothing to do with it overall.

Munson

Quote from: FFatPatt on July 19, 2006, 06:26:53 PM
I'm going to win some money tonight, rather than pretend I outplayed everyone and lose money.

I'd say "wish me luck", but I don't need it.

Except I didn't lose money, I won 4th place prize of 320 dollars. But, okay.

As for laast night, it was up and down all night. Won a few hand searly, then got a lot of shtein cards and I was down to 2100 in chips....after a lot of hard work and a couple of Pocket Aces, I built it up to about 14-15,000....Unfortunatley all the hard work was for nothing as I pushed all in with, what do you know, Ace Queen and my friend next to me had pocket jacks and called....I hit an ace, but he hit a jack. Not much you can do about that, coin flip, just didn't win the race. I think I finished 23 or 24th out of about 55. Meh, better luck next time.

And yes, Wingspan, I made the right play with my Ace Queen at the last tourny, I put my money iin with the best hand and just got unlucky against Ace-8.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

I don't think you can correctly call anything in or about poker hard work.

Munson

I worked pretty hard to gain chips back, playing hands as best I could to get em....The two pocket aces were both huge helps, as I trippled up from 2100 the first time then doubled up with them a second time.

rjs246

Tripling up and doubling up with aces does not qualify as hard work, even by poker standards, which are pretty friggin low.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on July 21, 2006, 07:34:17 AM
Tripling up and doubling up with aces does not qualify as hard work, even by poker standards, which are pretty friggin low.

Exactly.  Hard work is grinding it out with a series of semi-bluffs, stealing blinds, and tough, correct decisions.

You can't expect a kid who's not even 21 yet to understand poker to its fullest, though.

ice grillin you

I don't think you can correctly call anything in or about poker hard work.

i wonder what a coal miner with one eye on the falling rock and the other on the canary would think about the hard working men and woman who play poker
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Always sticking up for the working man, eh Michael?

ice grillin you

im out for everbody whos working for the weekend everybody who wants a little romance

Munson

Yes, I'm only 18 and have only been playing poker for a little over 3 years now, I must not understand anything about it.

Or, Besides the money I won on the pocket aces, I also managed to take 5,000 more in chips doing all the hard work and playing correctly....Not to mention not getting your aces cracked seems to be pretty hard work itself anymore with the way people call with shtein and get lucky....When I doubled up with them, it took a lot of slow playing after flopping trips to get him to call me and double me up....

Nope, I understand nothing about poker, at all. FF, you're still better then everyone at everything...at least in your own head. ^-^

ice grillin you

fyi for people who play online

starting yesterday many sites have upgraded their software with geo location tracking and have banned US citizens from playing....and if you have money that you were holding but havent cashed out youre SOL....