Phillies Offseason Talk

Started by Geowhizzer, October 02, 2005, 11:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 04, 2005, 10:40:05 AM
Quote from: Wingspan on October 04, 2005, 10:35:31 AM
Quote from: MDS on October 04, 2005, 10:22:24 AM
Marcus Hayes is an idiot

David Bell gets a C-, Bobby Abreu gets a B. One guy started the all-star game, the other was the worst third baseman in baseball.

also one of them didnt do a goddamn thing the last month of the season

Gutting it out with a bad hamstring and bad shoulder.

he didnt gut anything out. he just fell flat on his ass.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

Quote from: MDS on October 04, 2005, 10:45:03 AM
He should've been on the DL. Thome sucked ass when he was hurt, but no one complained.

they were booing him this year, i think that counts as complaining
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Not really. A hurt Abreu still hit .250 and walked a bunch. Grant it he should've been changed with Howard in the lineup, he still played hurt better than Thome.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on October 04, 2005, 10:22:24 AM
Marcus Hayes is an idiot

David Bell gets a C-, Bobby Abreu gets a B. One guy started the all-star game, the other was the worst third baseman in baseball.

You're right.  Hayes is an idiot.

Abreu didn't deserve a B.  He deserved worse.  He took the second half of the season off.  Whether or not his horrendous play was injury-related or not is immaterial.  He deserved a C because his first half was an A and his second half was an F.  Bell deserved a D at best.

WEST is GOD

One of the best Philly insiders(Howard) reported that the Phillies are bringing back everyone on the coaching staff.

Since we can assume this is true since Howard reported it, if you people go back to them for keeping Wade, Manuel, and Dancy around, you have NO right to complain after they miss the playoffs again. You buy into it, then you deserve what comes to you. This team will never make the playoffs with those 3 guys here, and we aren't even getting into the players yet.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Rome

Wingspan

i think they can make the playoffs with manual.

hell and even in spite of ed wade. he didnt farg up this year as much as last. other than the polanco trade, nothing else really backfired. leiber came as advertised. and we did need urbina (i just wouldnt have given polanco up).

but dancy is the worst 3rd bas coach i have ever seen. i really think he has no depth perception.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Wingspan on October 04, 2005, 08:52:56 PM

hell and even in spite of ed wade. he didnt farg up this year as much as last. other than the polanco trade, nothing else really backfired. leiber came as advertised. and we did need urbina (i just wouldnt have given polanco up).

but dancy is the worst 3rd bas coach i have ever seen. i really think he has no depth perception.

Who would you have given up?

Wingspan

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 04, 2005, 08:54:40 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on October 04, 2005, 08:52:56 PM

Who would you have given up?

good question. i dont know if bell would have been an option. but if they had asked for gavin floyd, i would have done it.

at the time, was urbina needed all that much to give up polanco? who would have been better at third the rest of the season, bell or polanco?

i know you have to give up talent to get talent, though. so it's a tough situation. and i was okay with the trade at the time, figuring there was something else in the making to sure up the 3rd base spot.
Connection Problems

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Avenger on October 04, 2005, 07:33:04 PM
One of the best Philly insiders(Howard) reported that the Phillies are bringing back everyone on the coaching staff.

Since we can assume this is true since Howard reported it

You're joking, right? Sarcasm....right?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Did he really just call that 'tard Eskin one of the best Philly Insiders? Cause I heard Billy Wagner wasn't coming here.......
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The last scoop Wolfboy got right was Moses Malone.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 04, 2005, 10:52:09 PM
Quote from: Avenger on October 04, 2005, 07:33:04 PM

Since we can assume this is true since Howard reported it

You're joking, right? Sarcasm....right?

Somebody drank the Eskin Kool-Aid.

PhillyGirl

On a Friday early evening (rush hour drive home) the following call took place on Eskin's show.

Caller: I've heard rumors that Billy Wagner might be coming to Philadelphia.
ESkin: That's wrong, tell the one telling you those rumors that I told you it won't happen.
Caller: Why do you say that? I have heard these rumors for a few days now.
Eskin: You're a nitwit. There is no way, and I have the inside information on this, that Billy Wagner will ever be a Phillie.
Caller: But....
Eskin: What don't you understand? The Phillies will NOT be getting Billy Wagner, so enough!
(CLICK...ESKIN HANGS UP)

The next Monday, the Phillies announce Billy Wagner had been signed...and the deal was done on FRIDAY, but they waited until Monday to announce it.

Yeah, he's a real baseball insider.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

WEST is GOD

I guess that is the first time any insider got anything incorrect, right?  :-D
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.