The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

lol Dio

So the temps in the Gulf are like a jacuzzi. If a storm gets in there it's going to explode. El NiƱo wind shear usually rips storms up. But not sure if that'll even help.

We have a Cancun trip over Labor Day and watch a farging Hurricane fire up.

https://twitter.com/michaelrlowry/status/1690757241576583169 46&t=Uib2YOn6CJgx-z2RaE9o7Q

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on August 13, 2023, 07:03:48 AMThey're accustomed to high temps. 

i love how dio is a cuck lib 99% of the time and then the other 1% hes making holocaust jokes lol
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

what's a cuck lib and why's it always about the holocaust with you people?  Get over it!  Florida is hot yo, and Jews been there forever....
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

While the Midwest and South cooks like bacon  SoCal and the desert areas are about to get Hilary. But they just caught a 5.2 quake today too. zesty time for them.

I saw a pic from Vegas that was amusing. A garbage can outside of an AutoZone that was overflowing with wiper blade packages. People out there never have to change them until now.

Geowhizzer

The Atlantic and Caribbean is cooking right now.  I have a bad feeling that someone is going to get a mighty big storm at some point.

California getting a "hurriquake" is just crazy.  The earth is angry... and has every right to be.

PhillyPhreak54

It'll prob be us while we are in Cancun in two weeks

Diomedes

A flight to Cancun for leisure here, a wildfire there.  No connection.  Right?  Right?!?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah no correlation. Just saying that would be my luck.

Geowhizzer

Another year, another hurricane. Not currently in the cone, but we weren't a few days before Ian, either.

Geowhizzer

So, regarding Hurricane Idalia...

We are not in the cone and will be spared the worst of the storm.  Prayers for the folks in the "big bend" north of Tampa, who seem to be in line for the full force.

But my area is under a Tropical Storm Warning and the weather is still windy, rainy and overall pretty zesty.

I live in Collier County but work in Lee County, the next county north.  My district canceled classes today and tomorrow, but Collier has not - and announced at noon that they are still open tomorrow as well.

Right now, Collier County has three different areas under tornado warnings.  My wife's school (in Collier) has had two tornado lockdowns today.  And... high school students are currently stuck in school because the district has deemed it unsafe to travel right now.

I'm watching our local meteorologist Matt Devitt (I would trust him over any of the national guys), and he's taken several subtle jabs at the Collier schools for being in session "despite being under a tropical storm warning."

Seems to me that the Collier school board (of which several are ardent Trumpers) is taking the same attitude towards tropical storms that DeSantis does with COVID... pretending it doesn't exist.

A clusterfarg.

Diomedes

Gotta show that storm they aren't weak and scared.

Geowhizzer

Update:  Collier finally announced a school closure for tomorrow at 5:45. After trying to justify being open today by saying that the schools were built to be shelters.

The whole mess is making it onto the local news.

PhillyPhreak54

Maybe they tried to use a sharpie and draw the cone away from them?

Diomedes

Just where I want my kid to be during a hurricane, in the loving arms of the government people at the shelter I can't get to because it's a hurricane out there yo

PhillyPhreak54

Of course who wouldn't want their kid locked up in a DeSantis school