The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 30, 2012, 12:42:01 PM
Same thing with the person who posted this:

I'm an ardent supporter of free speech, but can't say the same for open bigotry.

There's 2 things I don't get. 

1.  What's the relevance of 8-1-12?  Is there going to be some sort of rally to support Chick-fil-A? 

2.  What does that have to do with mass shootings? 

Tomahawk

It was in response to SunMo's post about not starting flamewars on facebook.

Eagaholic

Quote from: SunMo on July 30, 2012, 12:16:54 PM
It's someone I knew in HS but I don't know if he wrote it or is sharing it.

However, I think as a sign of my growing maturity, instead of starting a stupid flame war on the internet, I simply unfriended him and will go about my day.

or you could just shoot him

hbionic

...at a theater nearest you?

Too soon?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

some guy in baltimore who has a tricked out lamborgini that looks like the batmobile and dresses up as batman to entertain kids with cancer has been told by baltimore area hospitals that he needs to stop doing it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

This crap makes me sick. After a terrible thing like this happens, the radicals on both sides want to jump on it to promote their own political agendas. The left says that we need more stringent guns laws to prevent this kind of thing from happening, when in reality, if the nut that did it didn't have a gun, he'd have used a pipe bomb or one of the many other devises found in his home. The right says we need to arm everyone to prevent this kind of thing from happening, when in reality if you arm everyone it will lead to us going back to the wild wild west. Cops and paramedics wouldn't be able to keep up on the weekends. Not to mention how in home accidents would probably go through the roof. People are stupid and most shouldn't have guns in their homes, I don't care what the constitution says. When 'the right to bear arms' was put into the constitution, it was to protect people from foreign enemies, not your friggen' neighbor.

Tomahawk

I think it was put into the constitution to protect people from our own government moreso than foreign enemies. It didn't work.

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on July 31, 2012, 07:50:31 AM
This crap makes me sick. After a terrible thing like this happens, the radicals on both sides want to jump on it to promote their own political agendas. The left says that we need more stringent guns laws to prevent this kind of thing from happening, when in reality, if the nut that did it didn't have a gun, he'd have used a pipe bomb or one of the many other devises found in his home.

he might have made a pipe bomb that he might have successfully set off that might have injured and killed the same amount of people...certainly possible but all speculative

what isnt speculative is that large ammo clips along with automatic and semi automatic guns kill mass quantities of humans and really arent useful for much else...i have to imagine many guns rights advocates are even against these kinds of weapons being on the street

and its just insanity that they are sold at bass prop shops

Tomahawk

I thought fully automatic weapons were pretty much illegal everywhere

Sgt PSN

Arguing need vs want is pointless. I agree that no one "needs" an Uzi, but we also don't need tobacco, booze, cable tv, McDonalds, soda or roughly 98% of consumer products on the market, but we have them anyway.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 31, 2012, 10:59:57 AM

they are supposed to be highly regulated but to my knowledge they are not illegal...someone else who knows way more about gun laws than i can correct me if im wrong...but i beleive even machine guns are legal to own

Sgt PSN

Even if they are illegal, it takes little effort to convert them them fully auto.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 31, 2012, 11:03:04 AM
Arguing need vs want is pointless. I agree that no one "needs" an Uzi, but we also don't need tobacco, booze, cable tv, McDonalds, soda or roughly 98% of consumer products on the market, but we have them anyway.

pretty sure mass murder by semi automatic gunfire is a little different than watching mad men while eating a big mac

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 31, 2012, 11:04:22 AM
Quote from: Tomahawk on July 31, 2012, 10:59:57 AM

they are supposed to be highly regulated but to my knowledge they are not illegal...someone else who knows way more about gun laws than i can correct me if im wrong...but i beleive even machine guns are legal to own
They are illegal unless you have a Class III license which runs about 12k a year or something wild.  Usually its just the rich or shop owners who rent them out at rangest. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

Breaking...Multiple people shot at a Sikh temple in Milwaukee.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger