The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on May 26, 2022, 07:08:12 AM
video of cops keeping parents from approaching school as the shooting is unfolding--and they refuse to enter themselves--is harrowing...wonder how the cops would be doing if some of those parents were armed and trying to get past them
I'll wait for facts to be established but this doesn't look like an example of bravery and service to the community at all

He barricaded himself in the classroom for over an hour, those cowardice cops waited for tactical units to arrive before he was engaged. Wacko had an AR and body armor the cops only had their handguns. They're farging cowards. 

Munson

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1529813261427802115 21&t=GaH1zKTb5weVM0lt1IkX-A
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1529815742320979968 21&t=GaH1zKTb5weVM0lt1IkX-A

I think this is a good point for the "it goes beyond guns, something is wrong with society" talking point. Maybe a society whose leaders are constantly throwing up their arms and saying "welp nothing we can do" about gun violence or health care or covid-19 or etc etc etc...leads to more people thinking nothing is important and nothing matters
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

Most of the cops pictures and names that are coming out today appear to be Hispanic, so my first reaction is that they're just utterly incompetent and too talentless to get another job rather than being racists. 

MDS

Quote from: Munson on May 26, 2022, 10:32:50 AM
I think this is a good point for the "it goes beyond guns, something is wrong with society" talking point. Maybe a society whose leaders are constantly throwing up their arms and saying "welp nothing we can do" about gun violence or health care or covid-19 or etc etc etc...leads to more people thinking nothing is important and nothing matters

people dont get cues from leaders...leaders take cues from people. republicans dont run fox news, the audience does. everything is programed to the base and everything R's do falls in line with what their base tells them even if its getting people killed.

if you expect ted cruz or louie gohmert to go against what their core and noncore voters say, you dont quite understand the ignorance of the american people
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

this is really good stuff and gets to the heart of the issue...cruz knows precisely why violent mass murder happens in america and america only. it is politically inconvenient for him to admit it and he has no answer for it so he attacks and bails. this is what we are dealing with...abject cowardice from leaders and abject cowardice from voters who continue to make these people leaders. two halves of a whole.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1529851537790476288
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Rome

Judging by the sheriffs actions yesterday, I'm 100% sure he ordered his deputies to stand down.

He wanted those kids dead. 

They're monsters and I hope he and his cowardly farging force burn for this. 

SD

Munson

I mean, I'll say it...I do indeed want to take away all the guns.

Or, at a minimum, I want to pack the court and have them interpret the 2nd amendment way differently than it currently is, and overturn Heller.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Husband of one of the victims dead from heart attack.

Some of those cops who stood around are going to die sooner than they otherwise would as well, either by outright suicide (which would honorable) or by shaving years off their lives with drink food and pills.  The rest of them will sleep like babies and live long happy lives.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on May 27, 2022, 07:29:34 AM

Some of those cops who stood around are going to die sooner than they otherwise would as well, either by outright suicide (which would honorable) or by shaving years off their lives with drink food and pills.  The rest of them will sleep like babies and live long happy lives.

The cover up and disinformation of the actual events is pathetic. Restraining parents who just wanted to save their childs life is despicable. I wish no harm on anyone and I don't pretend to know what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes but if I was on scene and just stood by I'd put a bullet in my head eventually. I couldn't live with that guilt.

Diomedes

Also, I may have said it when it was first posted, but man, do I wish Obama had responded to the bullshtein line about Chicago having strictest gun laws by pointing out that it's an island surrounded by places where anyone can get a gun any time etc., so there's only so much the City can do about the proliferation of guns. 

Also..that old angry white dude is probably dead by now, right?  COVID got him, if not obesity and old age?  Buh-bye dude.  You've been replaced.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: TAFKASD on May 27, 2022, 07:45:24 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on May 27, 2022, 07:29:34 AM

The cover up and disinformation of the actual events is pathetic. Restraining parents who just wanted to save their childs life is despicable. I wish no harm on anyone and I don't pretend to know what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes but if I was on scene and just stood by I'd put a bullet in my head eventually. I couldn't live with that guilt.

you are making a huge assumption that they care even a little bit about brown children....its probably why they didn't go in in the first place
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

From the limited videos I saw it looked like some of the officers on scene were "brown people". Also there were officers and first responders who had kids in that school.

PhillyPhreak54

I was disconnected yesterday from news (got shteinfaced with some friends) but I just read that the DPS (state troopers) said in their PC this morning that they assumed that it was a barricaded suspect and not an active shooter by the time they arrived.

Jesus Christ.

Also reading about how kids played dead by smearing blood on themselves.

What a farged up country we are.