The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Moving this over here

27 dead and 24 injured based on early reports

The thoughts and prayers bridgade is out in full force.

PhillyPhreak54

Guys listen...now isn't the time to talk about gun control.

Bout about those terrorists and trucks and kneeling players...

PhillyPhreak54

Devin Kelly 26 is the shooter

Apparently a white dude and there are reports that his social media accounts are being taken down bc he was on there showing off guns

SD

Rome

Motherucking thoughts and prayers, though.  all that counts!

MDS

i was legit screaming at my pops walking up 10th st about this...he was all about not taking away rights.

farg america
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

We need more stringent and strict vetting is what we need right?!

Thoughts and prayers.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Perfectly ok with him being armed

Governor Hot Wheels Greg Abbott is at a vigil right now so it'll be just fine

MDS

he wasnt legally allowed to possess the weapons because of his discharge, so the narrative is already out there that you cant stop these people bla bla bla who cares

we have 2 options

1. stop making these weapons. stop manufacturing them.
2. monthly mass shootings

PhillyPhreak54

Let's not forget about the WalMart shooting in Colorado this week too

Sgt PSN

Something ain't quite right with that article.

QuoteThe man authorities have identified as the shooter in the massacre at a Texas church was give a bad conduct discharge from the Air Force three years ago after being court-martialed for assault, a military spokesperson confirmed Sunday.

Federal law prohibits a person who has been dishonorably discharged from buying a firearm. Whether Kelley's discharge would trigger the law was not immediately clear.

There are several characters of discharge:

Honorable
General
General Other Than Honorable
Bad Conduct
Dishonorable

To my knowledge, only a Dishonorable Discharge comes with a loss of gun rights. In most states it is considered equal to a felony conviction.

A BCD, as best I know, isn't on par with that and there's no loss of gun rights associated with that character of discharge. That said, his court martial conviction for assault very well could be considered equal to a felony conviction which would have put him on the ban list.

SD

People who don't know much about the military think any discharge that isn't honorable is identified as a 'dishonorable discharge'. Been at the VA for going on 7 years, I've maybe seen 5 DD. Usually it's for stuff like child molestation, murder, ripping off the Gov't for a lot of money. Bad conduct discharges are usually for service members who have a pattern of misconduct. It's actually better to mess up once and get the boot then it is to have a pattern.

There was a guy who was convicted of selling heroin on his ship in the 70's who received an under honorable conditions which is essentially the same as honorable. Nowadays that would get brig time and probably a DD. Seen bad cases of domestic violence, assault to other service members, ripping the Gov't off, AWOL, drug abuse etc., all were given other than honorable. That's not even an automatic bar to benefits, they can request a trial (I've done about a dozen) and plea their case. Most Vets that come in with a hard luck story we write them in for benefits. Whatever, Vet messed up once but served honorably for 4 years he shouldn't lose out.

Anyway. Yeah they need gun control. Bad. I only own a gun for home defense. I have an open carry license but unless I'm going to the range it doesn't leave my house.