The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

texas state legislature is currently deciding whether to make it legal to carry guns on school campuses....i think thats a wonderful idea
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 22, 2013, 07:16:35 PM
http://www.khou.com/news/Reports-of-shooting-at-Lone-Star-College-in-North-Harris-County-187912461.html

QuoteThose two men both ended up with gunshot wounds, and one of them shot and wounded a maintenance man who was an innocent bystander, according to acting Harris County Sheriff Armando Tello.

QuoteA law enforcement source said the gunman shot the man he was arguing with, then accidentally shot himself in the buttocks.

Lone Star College student Brittany Mobley said she saw the whole thing happen.

"I saw two dudes basically get into an altercation and the dude that shot, he basically got angry and started shooting the other guy," said Mobley. "A lot of people heard a lot of shots."

Mobley said the suspect had the gun hidden in his clothes.

"Basically, I seen the dude that shot him and as soon as I heard the bullets flying and the gun being fired off, then everyone started running and it was a hint for me to start running as well," Mobley said.

1. the shooter shot himself in the ass
2. this girl needs remedial English classes pronto - and if you told he she could not say basically or dude anymore she'd be crushed
3. GUNS!

The local news radio station was playing interviews from the school - hard to believe any of them were college students. Alot of "Cause we was just running" and "We are all, like, you know, running from the shots."
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Seabiscuit36

It's actually a school to teach the fine arts of being waitstaff and cooks at Lone Star restaurant
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 22, 2013, 07:38:05 PM
4.  Lets see if that guns is legal

Legal or not it shouldn't be happening.

One of those perfectly legal guns was in the hands of a jerkoff power hungry fella a couple years ago when he went and smoked his neighbor for music being too loud. Guy walks over to the house where the BBQ is going in and makes a scene. He's on the phone with 911 and shoots the guy and tries to come off as he was standing his ground...his ground at his neighbors house where he went.

ice grillin you

people with guns kill more people than people without guns....its science

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 22, 2013, 08:49:26 PM

Yup. Just ask the Native Americans.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 23, 2013, 07:22:13 AM

Guns kill more than cars?

Heck Sarge keeps his Native American as a captive

ice grillin you

MDS

until proven otherwise i will go to my deathbed thinking brent bozzell is the worst human being ever
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 23, 2013, 07:51:52 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 23, 2013, 07:22:13 AM

Guns kill more than cars?

Heck Sarge keeps his Native American as a captive

I'm preventing an uprising. Even after serving, I'm still keeping 'Merica safe.

ice grillin you

SunMo

legtimate status update on facebook:

"Thoughts on gun control/confiscation: see the movie Zero Dark Thirty and tell me what you propose if we were ever attacked on the Homeland. Oh wait...."

assault rifles would have stopped 9/11...now I know
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

Paranoid idiots.  If we're ever attacked on the homeland, the Marines would have something to say about that.  As would the Navy, the Army, the Air Force, and the Coast Guard. 

I'll take my chances with them defending us over some racist yokel with a few shotguns AR 15s and canned food.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

I oppose the new laws because they don't address the roots of gun violence, are somewhat arbitrary and contrived, are designed to placate gun lobbies, don't make us any safer, and are a complete waste of already-strapped government funding.

The best arguments I've heard in favor of these proposals center around the "at least they're trying something" side. I disagree. Doing something wasteful and ineffective is actually worse than doing what needs to be done to truly make this country safer.