We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Having a strong reaction to the second shot may well be good news in that is shows your immune system is reacting with a robust response, which was programmed after your first shot. Likewise, a strong reaction after your first shot could be the effect from previously being exposed to covid, even if there were no symptoms.

Rome

I got a 12-hour Twitter time out for suggesting to an anti-vaxxer that they should feel free to die of Covid if they were intent on spreading their lies.

We are truly through the looking glass when it's acceptable to spread dangerous anti-science propaganda but not to encourage freedom of choice in proving science wrong. 

phattymatty

finally got my first poke today.  anyone still looking in the area check out Luminis Health - I've been on every government list, every hospital list for weeks, then signed up through Luminis just a few days ago and already got the email for this morning.  Some big mega church in PG County, super organized in and out in 30 min including the 15 min observation period.

Rome

Are you forty-plus?  shtein man we all getting gray up in here.

General_Failure

The only people who aren't are MDS and Munson, probably.

But thanks to having red hair, I have exactly 0 gray hair. Suck it, olds.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: General_Failure on April 03, 2021, 06:52:46 PM

95% of my gray is in my beard.  It's a damned Santa Claus beard now.

phattymatty

I unfortunately am 40 plus.  MD is open to anyone over 16 now though. basically the rural hick parts of MD have like 250 appointments a day that go unused yet everyone in the urban (democratic) areas is still struggling to get one.

I have red hair also but still gray like a mf these days.

phattymatty

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 03, 2021, 06:59:22 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on April 03, 2021, 06:52:46 PM

95% of my gray is in my beard.  It's a damned Santa Claus beard now.

same.  not gray anywhere except for my face.

Rome

I've been killing myself getting into some semblance of shape over the last year.  I'm down 46 pounds so I don't look like a grotesque whale anymore, but my hair is now pretty much gray with streaks of brown.

No beard, though.  Gave that up years ago.  Too much work.

Eagaholic

Damn, 46 pounds is impressive.

Eagles_Legendz

I'm 34 but my facial hair is about 60% white.  My sideburns are 50/50 now too.  Going to probably be all white before 40.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on April 03, 2021, 07:32:13 PM
I've been killing myself getting into some semblance of shape over the last year.  I'm down 46 pounds so I don't look like a grotesque whale anymore, but my hair is now pretty much gray with streaks of brown.

No beard, though.  Gave that up years ago.  Too much work.

Impressive.  I had actually dropped about 15-20 during the quarantine, walking about 5 miles a day.  Then school kicked back up again... and that was the end of the long walks.

phattymatty

lol I put on 25 during the last year.  I finally broke and bought a peloton now that I'm going to have to start traveling for work again in the near future.

Geowhizzer

Got the second Pfizer yesterday.  Mild fever (99.3), somewhat sore throat, tired.  Nothing major.

Rome

My daughter got her first shot at Walgreens this morning.  They got shtein down in there.  So easy and efficient. 

She's 20 and in a few weeks she'll celebrate her 21st with a beer and her second Pfizer dose.