CF = Malware????

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, July 09, 2009, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Dio, download "Spybot" off download.com or cnet, run the update, and run the search. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

of course there's no change.  except now seabiscuit has all of your personal info.  so if your next credit card statement has a bar-fridge and some vet bills on it, you know why. 

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

and a car:

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 28, 2009, 10:28:04 AM
I just paid off the remaining 3k on my Mazda, feels nice to have one less bill per month. 

Seabiscuit36

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 24, 2009, 09:44:11 PM
when i'm at work, i still have pages that get cut off at the bottom and i have to hit the reply button to be able to view the most recent posts, but i'm used to it now.  no problems at all from my home pc though.  i think dio was having the same problem.  wonder if he still is?   

so we got new computers at work today and finally got upgraded to XP.  yeah, i said upgraded to XP......because up until today, we've still been using windows 2000.  lolololololz. 

anyway, i was hoping that the change of computer and os would get the board back to normal, but it isn't.  i still get some threads chopped off at the end.  tragic, ain't it? 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

so now that i've got this shiny new computer at work and have to personalize it with my favorites and such from scratch, i've been going to my favorite websites and everything and saving them and i went to google, signed in and saw a little ad for their "google chrome" browser.  never heard of it but then again, it's probably been over a year since i've even seen the regular google page since i have my igoogle saved as a favorite. 

anyway, i decided to download it.  not sure why since i don't have admin privileges and can't download anything, but to my surprise, it actually downloaded and installed.  so i've been using it for my web browsing for the last couple hours and have noticed 2 things so far.  1.  it's faster than ie.  2.  :CF now seems to be loading properly.  no cut off pages or anything like that. 

i use ie on my home computer though and never have a problem so that got me thinking that maybe the problem is that the version of ie that i use at work is too old.  i know that even with my new computer that's running xp, i've already hit 1 or 2 websites that have said my browser is out dated.  maybe that's the problem?  i didn't think that :CF was high tech enough to require more current browser versions to run properly but maybe it does. 

dio, if it's still happening to you, have you tried updating to the most current version of your web browser?   

General_Failure

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 19, 2009, 06:37:35 PM
the version of ie that i use

We found your biggest problem.

And to be less of an icehole, if you're using IE6 at work you need to upgrade. Its a browser so bad Microsoft is asking people to stop using it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

i tried updating the ie browser but lack of admin privileges blocked it.  not sure why i was able to download google chrome but it seems to have done the trick with the problem i was having with the board at work. 

i also downloaded it at home too and i've noticed a nice little increase in speed there as well. 

General_Failure

Some benchmarking been done, and Chrome is the fastest of the browsers out there right now. That might change when extensions are finally available.

If you can't update IE at work, you probably can't run Windows Update either. I sure hope there's nothing important on those computers.

Sgt PSN

nope, can't run windows update either.  the computer nazis have come down really hard over the last year or so too.  they've blocked all streaming media, which kind of makes sense because i know they don't want people watching youtube all the time, but the filter also blocks videos from cnn and other news sites....which kind of sucks.  can't watch any of the videos on espn.com either or listen to any online radio.  hell, even espn360, which is only available to att customers and is also free for all military ip's is blocked.  on the plus side though, they started blocking fatal-combat which was what i needed to be able to break free of the death grip that place had on me. 

i'm not even sure how i'm able to log on to this place from work.  they've got a message board and forum filter but i think this :CF sneaks around it because of the .info.  i know when this place was a .com i wasn't able to log on from work. 

General_Failure

I hope your nazis are handing the update stuff on their own, at least. Probably not.

Sgt PSN

you tell me.   it's 2009 and we just upgraded from windows 2k to XP.