The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 23, 2014, 03:24:18 PM
Lol. Very rarely. I will so though, the new chick hosting the show is nice to look at. Not sure exactly when she started, but she's way better than that ogre Dana Jacobson.

shes been the host for a while now....id say a couple of years
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

I googled the show to find out.  She took over from Jay Crawford in Oct 2012, so she's been there like 15 months.  I also didn't realize that Dana Jacobson left the show in 2011. 

Sgt PSN

Oh....during my rant about how terrible my local sports talk radio station is, I somehow managed to forget to mention an absolutely awful weekly show with former MLB pitcher and local hero, Steve Klein.  I'm pretty sure he's sauced when he gets on the air because he mumbles and slurs a lot and is hard to understand.   He also spends a good portion of his show making not so thinly veiled racist/racial comments.  He absolutely hates Mike Tomlin and wants the Steelers to fire him in the worst possible way.  It's awkwardly funny.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

Seabiscuit36

Mikey Miss...Suspended.  keyword "Latent Homosexual"
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

The whole thing is on crossingbroad. What a fag.

MDS

the dude was harassing mikey and making threats...apparently deadspin just took his emails ver batim and didnt even bother to get the other side

not that i like mikey or think sports talk radio should exist but theres more to it than him just being a fag hater
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

this is more embarrassing for missanelli than calling the guy a latent homosexual 78 times....

Yeah, Sure. You're whole life is a lie. Insecure people are usually like that. You are a 24 karat loser. And totally in denial because to take inventory of that would hurt you too much. You're an obsessive weird-o and probably a closet homosexual.

also the one thousand HAHAHAHA's he puts in his emails are pretty sad too....missanelli is a pos

PhillyPhreak54

I wonder if he will advocate his own firing?

I mean he railed all season long about KKKooper getting cut....so he should too, right?

Seabiscuit36

Just moronic for Mikey Miss, but par for the course when you follow his career.  He cant help himself. 

ice grillin you

i thought he was good early in his career....wasnt really that different than he is now....just a lot more toned down....seems like once he got his own drive time show on espn it went to his head and he turned into a flaming idiot

Munson

lol I don't get this "he's changed" stuff....I remember being subjected to WIP in my old mans car growing up and hearing Miss on there on constantly...he's exactly the same now as he was then.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds