The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

TMac is doing PBP for Lions/Browns with Heath Evans in two weeks when all the FOX teams switch around to accommodate Joe Buck

Also in week 6, CBS is sending Cowher (PIT/NYJ), Esiason (CIN/BUF) and Sharpe (JAX/DEN) out to join their former teams for 3-man booths.  Ratings!

MDS

that wont increase ratings at all and is not for ratings...it for pub for their brand. theyll get stories and tweets off of it, nothing more nothing less.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Heath Evans and TMac? lol....two of the worst ever

Don Ho

30 for 30 Tuesday night on ESPN is about Eddie Aikau, famous Hawaiian waterman/big wave rider who disappeared while trying to paddle a surfboard to Maui for help after the research sailing canoe he was on sank during a storm in 1978.  If it's anything like his biography "Eddie Would Go" it should be pretty good.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/09/the-second-volume-of-espn-films-30-for-30-series-returns-with-hawaiian-the-legend-of-eddie-aikau-to-premiere-october-1-on-espn/
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Next week's 30 for 30 is about the ABA.   Bout time!  That shoud be good.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

check out a documentary called longshots much better than the 30 for 30
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Will do.  Thanks.  I love the ABA.  It was on it's last legs when I was a very young kid.  I was so excited about Dr. J joining the Sixers.  ABA had some great names - Pros, Chaparrals, Colonels, Conquistadors.  Never did figure out the Memphis Tams name.  I just looked it up - The nickname was an acronym for Tennessee - Arkansas - Mississippi.  They were owned by Charles O. Finlay who owned the Oakland A's.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteGeoff Mosher ‏@GeoffMosherCSN 1m

Cowboys scribes trying to copy our style ... RT @richiewhitt Skirmish btw media members prematurely shuts down #Cowboys' locker room.

Wonder who it was and what happened

ice grillin you

magic out at espn....doris burke joins nba countdown

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

im not gonna lose any sleep over it but I thought he was good

PhillyPhreak54

Didn't him and Simmons hate each other?

ice grillin you

if they did they played it off wonderfully.....the best thing about that show the last couple years was the chemistry on set

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I just read at thing where it said Simmons basically ran Magic and Wilbon off

MDS

simmons denied it and magic is going to be on his podcast next week

its probably somewhere in between. magic saw the simmons was in charge and since hes a control freak he got out before he could get got. but yes simmons did run off wilbon, which isnt such a bad thing since willy buns is just a star farger.