Your Philadelphia 76ers 2009 Playoff Thread

Started by ice grillin you, April 16, 2009, 09:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Out of all the names mentioned (Tom Thibodeau, Flip Saunders, Eddie Jordan, Doug Collins,Avery Johnson) I guess Jordan makes the most sense. It sucks they had LB in the franchise for so long but let him go before they realized they needed a coach.

PhillyPhreak54

I like Avery Johnson out of that group.

The BIGSTUD

Everyone likes Avery Johnson, but I don't get why. He made the Finals and had a great season the following year? Well at the time, the Mavs were the most talented team in the NBA.

The Mavs choked away a 2-0 lead in the Finals, and lost to the 8th seed the following season with the best record in the NBA.

Avery hasn't proven anything except that he can take a super talented team far into the playoffs. Then again, who else is out there?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Rome

You don't know why because you're a dumb ass.

Fastest to 100 coaching wins.  Fastest to 150 coaching wins.  Coach of the year in 2006.

Yeah, who'd want a stiff like that?

The BIGSTUD

What does all of that mean?

Absolutely nothing.

Apparently he's not even one of the top 3 candidates for the job, so the Sixers seem to agree with me.

There's a reason no one wanted to hire him in the offseason and no, it had nothing to do with his job at ESPN.

The Magic might want to look into hiring him instead of Ron Jeremy though, because SVG might be a worse coach than Randy Ayers was.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

memphis offered him their job in january....he turned it down

he got fired only a year ago and is getting paid for another two...how do you know he just didnt wanna get paid for a free year off then regroup this summer and work again...it happens all the time in pro sports

dallas is composed of a bunch of bickering Hoydas who have no heart...they always have been that with dirk at the helm...no coach has been able to get them over the top...they arent winners...period

im not even touting avery johnson as some savoir or hall of fame coach but once again cole as romey so eloquently said you have absolutely no idea what youre talking about
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

This is coming from the guy who thought Marcus Williams was a stud. I forget, what has become of his NBA career? lol

I see you like to use whatever excuse fits your argument. Because you like Avery Johnson, the entire Dallas team is a bunch of losers, but if you didn't like Avery Johnson I'm sure you'd just flip it the other way.

So if you want to blame the players for the playoff debacles, then surely you should want to give the players the credit to the winning accomplishments under Avery too. Can't have it both ways. You can't blame the players when they lose, but when the team wins say it had nothing to do with the players.

As a side note, every candidate in the running for the Sixers who has been a head coach before has a playoff record that is under .500. Not good. Avery is 23-24.

Rome

Every time I see you post I have to remind myself that you're not actually a monkey on mescaline banging away at random keys on the computer.

The BIGSTUD

fzghfae634 tya45erye45ayt

e54as6e5yre5yase5y5yeAWDFaw

354yeusthghnnn/ngn
gnfgnsfgnfnsfgnfn
fgnfngfn
5266666646URT6GJNHXSYKMFXM..I';L;;;I

Sgt PSN

Quote from: King Cole on May 12, 2009, 06:52:00 PM
fzghfae634 tya45erye45ayt

e54as6e5yre5yase5y5yeAWDFaw

354yeusthghnnn/ngn
gnfgnsfgnfnsfgnfn
fgnfngfn
5266666646URT6GJNHXSYKMFXM..I';L;;;I

this makes more sense and is funnier than anything else you've ever posted.  you have nothing left to prove so maybe it's finally time to call it quits. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: King Cole on May 12, 2009, 05:54:47 PM
This is coming from the guy who thought Marcus Williams was a stud. I forget, what has become of his NBA career? lol

I see you like to use whatever excuse fits your argument. Because you like Avery Johnson, the entire Dallas team is a bunch of losers, but if you didn't like Avery Johnson I'm sure you'd just flip it the other way.

So if you want to blame the players for the playoff debacles, then surely you should want to give the players the credit to the winning accomplishments under Avery too. Can't have it both ways. You can't blame the players when they lose, but when the team wins say it had nothing to do with the players.

i dont care about johnson and i dont particularly like or hate him...nor did i say he deserved any credit or blame for the mavs.....and i dont even know what "argument" youre talking about...i was simply pointing out the factual inaccuracies in your post about him

and rondo is the one who i thought would be a stud...williams i would have taken over carney anyday cause carney sucked and they needed a point but i never touted him as some sort of future star

you are a douche on an epic level
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Eddie Jordan coming to town Friday for an official interview

Sgt PSN

wake me when it's michael.  and he's 27 years old.  and suiting up. 

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

without being too blunt, the puns for this story practically write themselves.