Championship Sunday - 2023

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 28, 2024, 02:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

This should be devastating for the lions and they can spin the whole "Oh they're ahead of schedule they're playing with house money, etc" you have a 24–7 lead on the road in this environment and you give up 27 unanswered points aided by zesty execution, Good luck bouncing back
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

That wasted time out bad bad move by Campbell

PhillyPhreak54

Havas' new Commies HC Ben Johnson calling a run there was dumb. And blowing the timeout was dumb.

What an all time choke job by Detroit

Go Chiefs. Getcha another one, Andy.

ice grillin you

time out meant nothing there...they had two and the ball at midfield if they get the onsides...greg olsen is a farging moron
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Two timeouts meant that had to get the OSK which is what a 6% chance?

Three timeouts means they don't have to do it

MDS

3 egregious mistakes today
1. harbaugh calling the timeout on the northside of the 2 minutes before 3rd down. if he eats the 15 seconds, KC pretty much has to run it. he didnt. they were freed up to use mahomes and he iced it. asinine.
2. campbell not kicking the tying fg. im fine with the first decision. this was inexplicable. you tie the game, then will get another crack to answer. there were like 9 minutes left. even if they score a td, fine. go get yours and go for 2. idiot.
3. using the timeout after the failed run. i sniffed out the run, so did my man who watches less football than i do. no wonder the 49ers were all over it. even if you eat 20 seconds there, fine. it still gives you a better shot. really, they just couldnt risk the run there. i like going for the td all in all - kicking the fg earlier really just sets you up for an end zone heave. needing just 3 gave them a real shot to tie.

monumental gag by detroit, one like the eagles i am not sure you can ever recover from
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 28, 2024, 10:16:07 PMTwo timeouts meant that had to get the OSK which is what a 6% chance?

Three timeouts means they don't have to do it

This is just amazingly incorrect

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 28, 2024, 10:43:29 PM3 egregious mistakes today
1. harbaugh calling the timeout on the northside of the 2 minutes before 3rd down. if he eats the 15 seconds, KC pretty much has to run it. he didnt. they were freed up to use mahomes and he iced it. asinine.
2. campbell not kicking the tying fg. im fine with the first decision. this was inexplicable. you tie the game, then will get another crack to answer. there were like 9 minutes left. even if they score a td, fine. go get yours and go for 2. idiot.
3. using the timeout after the failed run. i sniffed out the run, so did my man who watches less football than i do. no wonder the 49ers were all over it. even if you eat 20 seconds there, fine. it still gives you a better shot. really, they just couldnt risk the run there. i like going for the td all in all - kicking the fg earlier really just sets you up for an end zone heave. needing just 3 gave them a real shot to tie.

monumental gag by detroit, one like the eagles i am not sure you can ever recover from

san fran running three times instead of taking knees was amazingly awful

MDS

lets play it back. there was 41 seconds left after 3rd. if they dont call the TO, you can safely remove about 20-25 seconds while they scramble to do the new play. then of course they have to make it, which feels less likely in a fire drill but lets say they do.

so now theres 16 seconds left. the 49ers punt. now theres 5 seconds left, detroit has the ball at its own 10. not the ideal situation.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I like how CBS makes it sound like they did something great other than paying to broadcast games people wanna watch.

MDS

if you paid $2 billion to do something and it came out looking good, youd brag too

Diomedes

CBS and the NFL to Taylor Swift: thank you, thank you, thank you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Speaking of Ms. Swift...watching the MAGAts, to include Cheeto Dick yesterday, meltdown over her is something else. Each day they go farther down the hole of insanity. My favorite might be that she's some government psy op to force people to vote for Biden.