Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

haha... golf lessons over the web = priceless.

here's a lesson: stand in the middle of the fairway during a lightning storm holding a 1-iron.  why, might you ask?  because not even the almighty can hit a 1-iron.

bazinga!

reese125

Golf tips old man. Just trying to help out the rookies.

Youre still carrying a 1-iron in your bag so jot down your question.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

DH, nevermind...these guys are hurting my feelings.

DH

SunMo

youtube has great quicky videos on pitches, chips and other things, check it out sometime
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

paco

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 25, 2011, 11:52:40 AM
I shot a 94 (51-43) on Saturday. Best round I've had in a while, and best nine I've had in even longer. Didn't use anything bigger than a 4-iron after about the 3rd hole. So, irons are kind of important, mmmk? Holla, Paco!
I told you, if you want, I'll sell you my guest bag for $850 ;)

Getting a round in Saturday, maybe even use one of the lessons I got from a Groupon Deal.  Playing (hopefully) 2 rounds at Center Valley next weekend. 
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

reese125

youtube giving lessons over the internet = priceless

reese125

Quote from: paco on June 14, 2011, 09:02:16 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on May 25, 2011, 11:52:40 AM
I shot a 94 (51-43) on Saturday. Best round I've had in a while, and best nine I've had in even longer. Didn't use anything bigger than a 4-iron after about the 3rd hole. So, irons are kind of important, mmmk? Holla, Paco!
I told you, if you want, I'll sell you my guest bag for $850 ;)

Getting a round in Saturday, maybe even use one of the lessons I got from a Groupon Deal.  Playing (hopefully) 2 rounds at Center Valley next weekend.

big fan of that course. scottish hills and saw grass coming hard at you.

paco

I love it. (and not just because I can play there on the cheap)  Front 9 is Scottish links style, back 9 is North American.  The greens kick your ass (#4 especially... has one hill-Valley that is almost 5 feet).

The par 3 there are weird... at least for me.  #13 is short, but narrow.  I either birdie it (almost had a hole in one on several occasions) or put a 4 or 5 on the scorecard.  #16 is long and gives most people difficulties, but I had one summer where I par'd it in 14 straight rounds.

Also, I dont know why #3 gives me fits.  Its long, yeah, but its also fairly striaght with very few traps.  However, I seem to always get it in my head to grip and rip it and I end up putting my first or second shot in trouble.  I've maybe par'd it 5 times.

#15 is my favorite. Its the one where you can go left or right and have to carry a body of water.  As long as I dont put it in the trees in the center, I always seem to score on it.

SunMo

holy shtein, $80 per round on the weekends?  how do you play there cheap?

paco

My dad works there.  If an older gentleman named Mike helps you with your bags, leave him a nice tip. (Up until this year, he was on the maintence crew for 10 years setting up tee boxes and changing holes)

SunMo

if an older guy named mike gets me in for cheap then he'll get a nice farging tip

hookups are so good, my future Father-In-Law is friends with the pro at Pinecrest so we play that for free if the pro is working that day

Sgt PSN

It's great to make friends with the club pro if you get a chance.  You'll end up getting something free or reduced out of it.  I visit the clubhouse for the course that I live on almost on a weekly basis even if I'm not playing.  I'll just walk over there and have a few drinks or grab a bite to each and if I see the pro in there we'll start talking.  Was doing this for about 2 months and then one day while I was in there he yelled out to me from the pro-shop and asked me what size shirt I wore.  So I told him and a minute later he walked over with one of the club shirts.  Said he was real appreciative of my business and what not.  Since then he's also given me free packs of balls, a new glove when my old one ripped and several new ball markers because I tend to lose them.  But the big one was last year when my membership was about to expire and he knocked $100 of the renewal rate for me.  Nice. 

Rome

The club pro at our course is a horse's ass.   The AP is cool though.  I was having problems with my swing and was trying to figure it out on the range.  He saw me hacking from the clubhouse, got in a cart, picked me up and drove me all the way to the far side of the range.  Gave me about a two hour lesson for free.   I went from being completely frustrated to swinging the club with almost no effort and crushing it.   It was just a subtle mechanical flaw that he spotted from 100 yards away thru a window.

I bought him drinks for a month after that and I still didn't come close to paying what two hours of private lessons would have cost.