Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Quote from: Rome on June 20, 2011, 03:54:58 PM
The double par thing works really well.  There's nothing worse than following behind iceholes who (1) don't understand the concept of allowing others to play through, and (2) not knowing when to pick up the goddamn thing and move on to the next hole.
Good point.  I do it more to keep my sanity :)

Nothing makes me nuttier than behing behind some hackers and see them do one of the following:
1) Pick up grass and throw it in the air to see which way the wind is blowing
2) Take 15 practice swings
3) Take 10 different angles to read the putt, only to send it 8 feet short\flying by
4) Everyone stands by one ball, it gets hit, then they all move to the next ball.  Grab a few clubs and walk over to your shot so you are ready to hit.

Two or three years ago I almost threw a Canadian in the lake in front of the final par 3 at Oyster Bay.  Its a short par 3, only about 100 yards from the whites.  There was a 100 yard marker roughly 2 yards behind the tee box.  Being the nice guy I am, I tell the Candian guy who is still at his cart "The 100 yard marker is here so its about 98". 
"is it 98 or 99?"
This icehole didnt hit a green all day and he thinks he has the type of percision where one yard will make a difference.  Needless to say, both he and his wife sliced their tee shots into the water.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Rome

Yep... that shtein burns me up too.  I stopped playing regularly mostly because I don't have five hours to piss away.  A round of golf should take no more than 4 hours.  If it does then the idiots who run the course need to get their shtein in gear and get people moving.

Munson

9 minutes away from getting a complete, brand new set of Wilson clubs on ebay for 122.50 plus 10 for shipping. It's not a name like Ping or TaylorMade that I wanted, but I don't think getting a brand new set of Wilson for that price is bad at all.

DH there's plenty more of the same set on ebay from the same seller, if you're interested
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: paco on June 20, 2011, 12:39:12 PM
Ive never seen you do the "double par" rule.  Im guilty of that, but then again, I never brag about my score on those days either

That's because the times that would come into effect are days your score is nothing to brag about, usually.

Munson

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Six-year-old-girl-makes-improbable-hole-in-one?urn=golf-wp3527

Knowing that this 6 year old girl could probably beat me in a round of golf is sad.

I played 18 yesterday and got my score down to 106. Big improvement from the 132. I'm hoping I can break 100 by mid August at the latest.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

tiger fired his caddy

straight punked the boy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

If there's a bigger icehole in the sports world than Woods, it might be his gutless bully of an ex-caddie. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's alright. Edwards already has a pretty decent new gig, but Tiger doesn't have a new caddy.

MDS

i want tiger to win the masters next year just to shove it in every golf fans face

0 people watched the us and british open. 0. no one farging cares unless hes involved.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

True, the ratings must have sucked shtein for the British Open last week.

The Irish kid ain't no Tiger.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Irish "kid" won the US Open. The Irish old guy won the Open Championship.

ice grillin you

tiger is golf and it doesnt exist without him but all these foriegners winning certainly isnt helping the ratings...watching the british open was like watching a uefa soccer game but with a lot more action
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2011, 07:07:50 AM
tiger is golf and it doesnt exist without him but all these foriegners winning certainly isnt helping the ratings...watching the british open was like watching a uefa soccer game but with a lot more action

Eat it IGY!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

I was out playing tonight and missed all the Awesome-O/Pence stuff going down...but after a few weeks and many swing and stance adjustments, I finally got the majority of my shots going straight. And I broke 100, shot a 93. Not bad for only like my 3rd official round of 18 (a bunch of just playing 9 though)