Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 02, 2019, 08:42:24 PM
I read they have $47m to spend - true?

they are around 130 million now (they might be able to recoup some money with robertson insurance) and 200 is the luxury tax number. you want to be under that in order to take on contracts over the course of the year. so getting to opening day 180/190 makes sense.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Treinen was non tendered by Oakland

Rendon met with Rangers people today

PhillyPhreak54

Zack Wheeler eh? Seems they're hot after him.

MDS

im not in love with this, for one reason:

4.04 era, 1.48 whip vs. atl
5.01 era, 1.49 whip vs. dc

hes got really good numbers against random bad teams and amazing numbers vs. the marlins, though. i had him in fantasy the last 2 years. hes fine. hes solid. there are injury concerns and is he going to throw 100 in 3 years? if youre giving him 20 aav, just pay up and give cole 30-35 aav.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I agree.

On another note; Hamels, who wanted to come back, signed with the Braves.

QB Eagles

If they don't feel confident they can get Cole or Stras, this is the tier of guy they have to land to not look like complete chumps.

Could easily see the Phils signing him and watching him rapidly turn into a Nick Pivetta type though.

SD

5 years $120 million for Wheeler. Like his stuff but that price is absurd for a non ace.

ice grillin you

QuoteWhiteSox's offer to Wheeler was for MORE than the $118M he will receive from the Phillies, sources tell The Athletic. Wheeler's wife is from New Jersey, and that proximity was an important consideration in his decision.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

https://twitter.com/johnstolnis/status/1202320948369727489 21

And yes I fully expect him to be the $20m version of Pivetta

ice grillin you

the good is he cant possibly be worse than arrietta

the bad is hes not good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

So just in case he sucks in two years ala Arrietta - "I hate this move, he sucks!"

So just in case he's good - "I love this move, he's great!"

There, my ass is covered.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

I have no idea if this is good or bad. I hope it's good.  I have nothing else to say. 

Geowhizzer

It's the Phillies... deep in your heart, you already know.

Geowhizzer

Rome

Quote from: Geowhizzer on December 04, 2019, 05:50:05 PM
It's the Phillies... deep in your heart, you already know.

Well yeah, kinda. 

I mean I expect his arm to fall off just after he finishes signing the deal, but I've read a bit about the situation and he looks promising. 

Maybe it'll work out?

http://www.espn.com/mlb/freeagents/_/type/ranked

He was the fourth rated FA in the class.  I am legit surprised he was that high.