Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

We have one in the inner harbor...they just moved from one of the Inner Harbor malls to the old ESPNZone.  Never been there.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on November 27, 2011, 07:48:12 PM
We have one in the inner harbor...they just moved from one of the Inner Harbor malls to the old ESPNZone.  Never been there.

theres approximtely 4000 seafood restaurants in maryland better than phillips...calling it the outback of seafood rest. is probably going a little too far but its not a ridiculous statement at all
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The one in OC, Md was great 20 yrs ago.  Haven't been there since.

Also - I worked the Turkey Run car show in Daytona this past week and had some of the best carny food ever.  There's a roast beef stand there that sells the biggest and best one next to Nick's I've had.  No exaggeration the thing had at least a pound of beef on it.

And as staff we get them at half price too.

ice grillin you

the more meat genrally the worse a sandwich is..there nothing worse than a hoagie with too much meat....btw nicks roast beef sandwiches dont have a lot of meat on them at all...its the perfect mix of bread meat and gravy

Sgt PSN

Agree with Havas. If there's one thing he's good at, it's being fat.  Dook knows food.

Rome

Well, considering I've eaten both I'll go ahead and stick to my opinion on the matter.

SD

Lady friend took me to Pod last night for my birthday. Not really my scene as it's a hoidy toidy sort of place and I was also a little skeptical because it's a Stephen Starr restaurant and the last one I ate at (Buddakhan) sucked hard. I got the lobster pod sushi roll as an appetizer and the wasabi filet for an entree (came with mashed potatoes). Would definitely eat there again, every thing was very good. Had a spring roll with peanut butter/marshmellow in the middle with chocolate sauce that you dipped it into.

Rome

The bar I watch the Eagles at has fairly awful pub grub all around but they do have one dish that's retarded.  It's baked oysters and basically they steam six oysters then put lump crab meat/shrimp stuffing on top then bake them in the broiler.  I get drawn butter & lemon with them and they're unreal.  All that for $7.95... it's the steal of all time.

MMH

Had dinner for my anniversary at a French place called levichyssois.  In the middle of nowhere in McHenry county, IL.
Pretty good and damn reasonable for a high end French joint.  Had skate wing, which was a first for me.  Tasted a bit like shark.  Tasty, they had a good broth for it.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

the email says $1, but my discount for one i tried to buy made my cost $2.  still a good deal

ice grillin you

that email pisses me off everytime....its basically the same 80% off deal they run every couple weeks but they do that $1 thing to try and trick you

SunMo

Rome

Paco was in DC and went to Ruth's Chris for dinner.

MOCK!