Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

ALL-IN ON GIUSEPPE.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on October 20, 2019, 11:39:19 PM
116 days til pitchers and catchers report

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 21, 2019, 12:33:55 AM
200 days until we post how many days it is until training camp.

250 days until the sixers parade

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 21, 2019, 12:33:55 AM
200 days until we post how many days it is until training camp.

:-D :-D :-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

MDS

mets fans are melting down, so if that makes you happy

there you go
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I'm happy they finally hired a qualified professional manager.   Girardi is a damn good one too.

I was happier they cut loose Secular Joel Osteen. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yay.

In other news who the farg is the guy the Pads hired?

MDS

some names bandied about for coaches
pitching
dave eiland - scapegoated by the mets last year, but they did better without him than with him
larry rothchild - not sure booney lets him go, but it would at least be an admission that hiring a pencil neck dweeb like chris young who has no feel for his pitchers was the wrong move.

hitting
jim thome - joe hangs with him at mlb network, but really this is an over the top move to get the WIP crowd back on our side move. i cant think of a job more meaningless than hitting coach, so why not. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Explain why a hitting coach is meaningless.

Ps you're wrong

Rome

Charlie might disagree.   And then punch Todd in the melon.

MDS

charlie manuel was such a good hitting coach he got jim thome, manny ramirez, jimmy rollins, chase utley and ryan howard to have good seasons. amazing. wonder how he did that.

its meaningless in the sense that anyone can do it. jean segura hit 20 points under his career mark but he did it. not the hitting coach. rhys hoskins is a POS because hes a POS. its ultimately a position nobody remembers. the hitting coach is like mike groh but with no actual responsibilities that matter.

Geowhizzer

MDS

joe is destroying this presser

will have the city eating out of his hand until his terrible team has to play a game

Rome

So the Phillies decided to forgo their usual "smartest guys in the room" tactic of hiring utterly unqualified hacks, and instead hired a professional accomplished pitching coach. 

Next thing you know they'll acquire pitchers who can pitch and hitters who can hit!