2023 Draft Thread

Started by ice grillin you, December 13, 2022, 05:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

However many teams pass on him, doubt he gets by Jerry.

Don Ho

You took the words right out of my mouth!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagaholic on March 01, 2023, 03:05:18 PM
However many teams pass on him, doubt he gets by Jerry.

or mike brown

Don Ho

Wasting my time watching the LB's at the combine knowing this FO refuses to waste a high pick on some of these studs.  TJ Edwards and Kyzir White bitches!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Linebackers are virtually worthless in todays nfl.  You have to throw the ball to win and they cant cover todays TE's

also they took nakobe dean in the 3rd round last year...there are exceptions but thats about as high as you should take one.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

You'd think someone would start developing players that could cover TEs.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

LBs that can both cover a TE and provide meaningful run support are basically non existent.  You gotta choose one or the other, and you're lucky af if you have an LB that can limit a modern, talented TE.  Run stuffers easier to find.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on March 03, 2023, 08:33:49 AM
You'd think someone would start developing players that could cover TEs.

they are called safeties which is the position people should be clamoring for instead of the linebacker trope everyone always throws out there
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Speaking of Linebackers WTH with Vic Beasley?  Playing for Vegas in the XFL now.  Guy was the 8th overall pick by Atlanta in 2015.

Don Ho

Don Ho

Interesting stuff:

Howie has only hit on TWO defensive linemen in his 11 drafts - Fletcher Cox and Josh Sweat.

He's not drafted well on defense overall.

PhillyPhreak54

Lol at Mcshay mocking Bijan to the Birds at 10

Don Ho

That is not happening!  Zeke Elliott will be here before they take Robinson at 10.  I love the mocks that have birds taking Robinson at 30, don't think he'll be around.

Eagaholic

Should the Eagles take Jalen Carter at 10? I don' think I would. But if they could trade back a few spots and he's still falling I would, especially with Slay and Bradberry back in the fold.

Don Ho

Good point, he may fall.

QuoteATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter was nine pounds heavier than he was at the NFL combine about two weeks ago and couldn't finish his position drills at Georgia's pro day on Wednesday.

Carter, who was once considered a potential No. 1 pick in April's draft, weighed 323 pounds at the pro day. He opted to do only position drills and didn't participate in other aspects of the workout, including the 40-yard dash, cone drills and other physical tests. Carter didn't finish the position drills because he was cramping up and breathing heavily.

Carter worked out in front of scouts and coaches from all 32 NFL teams in Georgia's indoor facility. Three head coaches -- the Falcons' Arthur Smith, Bears' Matt Eberflus and Steelers' Mike Tomlin -- were in attendance.