Week 11 - Colts: The Next Episode

Started by MDS, November 14, 2022, 11:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i think they lose this game if matt ryan isnt such a stiff. he gave up any time there was pressure. to gannons credit they adjusted after the first drive and shut down the colts.

felt like they moved the ball fairly well just dumb shtein got in their way. penalties, some idiotic play calls, the awful aj fumble. sirianni going for it on 4th and 10 instead of kicking the 56 yard fg...what?

the last drive really stuck out to me. they scored, but they were deathly afraid of hurts throwing the ball. massive, massive tell in a do or die spot. didnt trust his arm.

the last 2 weeks theyve just been stupid and sloppy but this week didnt have a series of terrible turnovers and were playing a carcass at qb. not great!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Right now they're a two target team that has a running game that works okay. Might as well play to your strengths when left with no alternative.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

QuoteThe Eagles had lost 41 straight games trailing by 10 or more going into the fourth quarter since that unforgettable 38-31 win over the Giants at the Meadowlands in 2010 – the DeSean Jackson last-second punt return touchdown.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Roob:

QuoteMaybe the most encouraging thing to come out of this game – and there were a lot – was the Eagles' ability to shut down the Colts' dynamic running attack after that first drive. Jonathan Taylor looked unstoppable in the first quarter, but largely because of Suh and Joseph the Eagles were fantastic vs. the run after that. The Colts finished with 99 rushing yards on 26 carries – that's 3.8 yards per carry. After the first drive they were 18-for-49 – 2.7 yards per carry. Matt Ryan is not a quarterback anymore who can carry an offense with his arm, and without benefit of an effective running attack, the Colts' offense couldn't do much. That's why the Eagles had the Colts right where they wanted them on that last drive after they took the lead. They had Ryan in known-throw, and that played right into the defense's hands. Once the Colts had to throw every snap, it was over

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 20, 2022, 01:35:43 PM
This is exhibit A why the nfl is basically unwatchable....I don't understand why they can't ref the same as college does.  Is it ego?

The calls league wide for a while (especially this season) are so bad and inconsistent. The ego theory probably holds weight.

Rewatched this morning. The play calling was even worse upon second watching. Aside from the awful first drive the D played well. Suh and Joseph did exactly what they were brought into do and more. They're not just run stuffers they're pocket collapsers and can rush the passer. To get both these players this late in the season is a miracle. The problem they're dealing with is the bounce outside. The de's crash and don't contain and unless they're deep in the backfield good rbs will exploit that. With half decent run dts back in the fold Gannon needs to adjust and go wider. I like Hargraves but my god when he's taken out if a play he's completely absent. First game I've watched where the o line was overmatched majority of the day. They need to get Brown rolling again. Not even hating on the fumble the db made one helluva play. One TE needs to get with the program. They're not replacing Goedert but someone needs to at least resemble an nfl player. The st play is still atrocious.

Geowhizzer

QB Eagles

Hurts' reads were really bad in this game. Don't know if defenses have figured out how to confuse him or what. The Eagles defense is fairly simple, and is made more simple with Goedert out. Colts seemed to know what was coming.

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on November 21, 2022, 08:15:03 AM
One TE needs to get with the program. They're not replacing Goedert but someone needs to at least resemble an nfl player.

They don't have another TE who can both catch and block, and they aren't going to find one. Goedert is elite at both. To be fair, most NFL teams don't have one guy who can do both well. Goedert is one of their cheat code players. Without him in, the Eagles leak more information about what the play is going to be based on whether it's Stoll or Calcaterra out there.

PhillyPhreak54

Steichen's lousy game combined with poor personnel groupings didn't help Jalen. They were running 13 and taking AJ off the field which is dumb. Spread it out.

Also the OL issues forced him to be uncomfortable. They ran a lot of tight splits and that condensed him and didn't leave many lanes. Shout out to the smooth brain who thought it was ok to have a back blocking Ngouke (sp) too

QB Eagles

They are going to continue to sprinkle in 13 personnel because it's just part of what they do. Their playbook is already pretty small for an NFL team.

Speaking of lanes, I noticed Lane in a negative way a few times. Not his finest performance, but also not a big deal compared to the other problems.

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed on Lane.

The last couple games have been guys who you don't normally see making negative plays, making negative plays.

Lane, Kelce, AJ and sticky fingers DeVonta has dropped a few.