Darius Slay, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, March 19, 2020, 09:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Rome on March 19, 2020, 11:33:45 AM
A 3 and a 5 for Slay is highway robbery for Howie. 

The only way this doesn't work out is if the season is cancelled or Slay's legs fall off.

Or if he starts eating lunch in his car during training camp

Diomedes

Is Slay a good fit for Schwarz system?  He's a very good man, and press corner....I'm no former football player or anything, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen much of that kind of play from Eagles D lately...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on March 19, 2020, 12:42:59 PM
Is Slay a good fit for Schwarz system?  He's a very good man, and press corner....I'm no former football player or anything, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen much of that kind of play from Eagles D lately...

Schwartz was the Lions HC when they drafted Slay based on that I'd say yes

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 19, 2020, 09:43:08 AM
Now they can get a top notch safety in the draft

oh really?....why didnt you say it was that easy??...that makes giving up the picks even worse...they should have kept the picks...drafted a "top notch" corner AND safety who are both 21 and dont cost anything

instead a team who desperately needs to get younger and has had a TOTAL of ten draft picks in the last two years paid a corner the highest AAV in the league for his age 30+ years and paid a price for it

shtein why didnt they just overpay byron jones and not give up any picks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on March 19, 2020, 01:30:16 PMSchwartz was the Lions HC when they drafted Slay based on that I'd say yes

Okay.  That was a long time ago.

Based on what Schwartz has been running in Philly?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2020, 01:37:03 PM
Quote from: Rome on March 19, 2020, 09:43:08 AM
Now they can get a top notch safety in the draft

oh really?....why didnt you say it was that easy??...that makes giving up the picks even worse...they should have kept the picks...drafted a "top notch" corner AND safety who are both 21 and dont cost anything

instead a team who desperately needs to get younger and has had a TOTAL of ten draft picks in the last two years paid a corner the highest AAV in the league for his age 30+ years and paid a price for it

shtein why didnt they just overpay byron jones and not give up any picks

Is this the part where you piss all over a good move so that if it doesn't work out you can rub yourself raw over being right?

ice grillin you

no its the part where you say crazy shtein cause you dont know what you are taking about and cant explain how they can easily go into the draft and snag a "top notch" safety but not a "top notch" corner

MDS

with everything going on i just cant get that worked up over this. so

1. they needed a corner
2. they got a corner
3. they couldve just paid byron jones
4. if they wanted to trade draft capital, why not just pay up and get hopkins
5. i dont care about giving up the 5. the difference between a 5 and a udfa is negligible.
6. i feel like there is going to be no middle ground with slay. he is either going to be a legendary eagle or flame out faster than namdi.
7. film watching nerds and some of his peers have been praising slay, which is great. who knows how good he will be in a new scheme a year older. but what i dig is his swagger. confidence is such a big part of playing cb. dudes got it.
8. he hated matt patricia so more points awarded
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

he's right at the age where corners go and go quick so he could have a great year this year and then be done so I don't know about all or nothing

MDS

that makes sense but can you remember and eagle free agent signing that was initially great then got bad

ok maybe alshon but he got a few new contracts

it just feels like with this franchise its either a disaster or a hit and generally goes disaster
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

They have been consistently poor at identifying, coaching, or integrating CB talent for a long time. Maybe it's just been bad luck, maybe it's the fault of people who are no longer with the team, but the track record isn't good. Hopefully the team learned what the issues have been.

SD

Profile picture for Darius Slay
Twitter › _bigplayslay23
Darius Slay
Media posted by Darius Slay
Detroit! Ya'll have been so good to me & my family. I'm going to miss all the fans & showing the city love. I appreciate the fans, coaches, staff & City. Nothing but love & respect to y'all. To my Eagles fans, ya boii is READY TO WORK! @MeekMill whats goooood! #Eagles #FlyHigh

Don Ho

Bored tonight and mostly because you all care, last ten 3rd and 5th round picks:

3rd Te'o - Neshim
5th Riley Cooper & Ricky Sapp

3rd Curtis Marsh
5th Dion Lewis & Julian Vandervelde

3rd Nick Foles
5th Dennis Kelly

3rd Bennie Logan
5th Earl Wolff

3rd Josh Huff
5th Taylor Hart

3rd Jordon Hicks
5th None

3rd Isacc Seumalo
5th Big V

3rd Rasul
5th Shelton Gibson & Nathan Gerry

3rd None
5th None

3rd None
5th Clayton Thorson
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Some third round gems the past 20+ years:

Duce
Derrick Burgess
Westbrook

Some that will blow your mind:

Chris T. Jones, Greg Jefferson, Bobby Hoying, Stewart Bradley, Chris Cocong, Ryan Moats, Matt Ware, Billy McMullen

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

Matt Ware, another dude I thought was going to be a star.