Darius Slay, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, March 19, 2020, 09:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Twitter › RapSheet
Ian Rapoport
A splash for Philly: The #Eagles are trading for #Lions star CB Darius Slay, sources say, finishing off talks that first began around the trade deadline. As part of the deal, Slay receives a new contract that puts him among the highest-paid at his position

SD

ice grillin you

IMO it's a good haul for Detroit

you don't have to give up a ton to get a 29 year old corner who is looking to be the highest paid in the nfl

lions were never keeping him and he's not good enough or young enough to create a bidding war
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

3 years $50 million...$30 million guaranteed

Ehhhh

Rome

Good deal for both sides.  Now they can get a top notch safety in the draft and still fill the gaping WR hole they have in rds 1&2.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on March 19, 2020, 09:39:38 AM
3 years $50 million...$30 million guaranteed

Ehhhh

it's the highest AAV in the nfl for a corner

also because of his age it's a short term deal which is smart for the eagles but it also should minimize what you have to give up for him

if he was 26 and was going to be on the team for the next five years in his prime it's gonna be a lot more obviously

I think a 3rd and a 5th is too much all things factored in but unfortunately due to the Eagles not being able to draft they were as desperate to get him as the lions were to trade him

SD

A 3rd and a 5th are worth a top cb. Ramsey fetched two 1sts last season. Slays not in the same league but there's not that big of a gap between play and draft pick comp

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on March 19, 2020, 09:59:30 AM
A 3rd and a 5th are worth a top cb. Ramsey fetched two 1sts last season. Slays not in the same league but there's not that big of a gap between play and draft pick comp

Ramsey is in another stratosphere as a player was 24 at the time of the trade and his team didn't have to get rid of him

zero comparison to the slay situation

SD

Ramsey was also awful with the Rams after the trade

PhillyPhreak54

Darius Slay has given up two catches over 50 yards in 6,030 snaps in his career. Both were his rookie year. Zero since then in last six seasons.

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 19, 2020, 10:18:01 AM
Darius Slay has given up two catches over 50 yards in 6,030 snaps in his career. Both were his rookie year. Zero since then in last six seasons.

Heck, that's a good day for last year's Eagles CBs.

Rome

A 3 and a 5 for Slay is highway robbery for Howie. 

The only way this doesn't work out is if the season is cancelled or Slay's legs fall off.

General_Failure

Or if it turns out the system is actually garbage no matter who they have out there.

At least it fills a need.

The man. The myth. The legend.