Week 10 - Commies: Follow The Light

Started by MDS, November 06, 2022, 10:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: Munson on November 14, 2022, 10:38:26 PM
Seems dumb that they can't review that and see the clear facemask and make that call to reverse the turnover

I turned it on with 7 minutes left in my car so missed that.  Just watched the replay and WTF with that facemask?  How did they miss it?? Unbelievable! 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

AND Holy shtein these Special Teams suck!  Wake the F up!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

OK I'm done but f'ing Quez!  shtein, why did he leave his feet??? Ok he scores and this defense can't stop the run and WFT kicks a 60 yard FG to win but damn Watkins, inexplicable move on his part.

Hurts actually played well, the pass that was intercepted that was intended for Brown was a great throw actually.

This team should be 6-3 Lions and Cards should have been losses and now tonight. 

Off to bed. 

phattymatty

I don't ever complain about officiating but that was fairly atrocious.

normally you say a few bad calls but they didn't affect the outcome, but they definitely did affect the outcome lol.

DC acting like they won the super Bowl this morning. 

All in all it's good to get that loss out of the way, this team was not going undefeated. \

crazy thing is that hurts INT was a beautiful and almost perfect pass.

phattymatty

also that whole organization is so embarrassing from Snyder even down to the players.  heinecke throwing a temper tantrum on that last penalty from graham before he even hit the ground.  the dc players acting like they won the Super Bowl in the locker room.  dancing / rapping to meek mill.  eagles are frustrating sometimes but god would I feel like a loser being a fan of the commanders.

QB Eagles

The execution of the INT pass was great. But the decision to throw it was not great, and is on Hurts.

Meanwhile if someone touches Quez while he's down the Eagles probably win that game.

Geowhizzer

Obviously a bad non-call on the Goedert facemask.  But the Eagles got two more chances.  Or should have been two, except...

I didn't like the PF on Graham, but I understand it.  I just think that Heinicke was so indecisive on the play that Graham felt he had to tag him.  Wrong move, of course, and it cost them a final chance.

Just too many mistakes offensively, and this time the baby-soft playcalling of Gannon cost them on defense.

Now we'll get to see how they respond.  Will they rise to the challenge and actually be a top team, or fade back into mediocrity.  I wish I was more confident of the course they will follow.

phattymatty

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 15, 2022, 09:41:47 AM
The execution of the INT pass was great. But the decision to throw it was not great, and is on Hurts.

Meanwhile if someone touches Quez while he's down the Eagles probably win that game.

Meh, I'll take my chances with AJ going up against any CB in the league.  9 times out of 10 AJ catches that.  Just one of many fluke plays last night.  Silver lining is maybe you are right and Hurts has been getting too comfortable just expecting AJ to catch anything thrown his way so he'll make a better decision next time. 

And I'm already over it but heinecke was definitely trying to get up.  I know QBs are fragile little babies now and have their own special rules, but even if a QB has his knee down, if he tries to get back up isn't it still a live play...

phattymatty

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 15, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

I didn't like the PF on Graham, but I understand it.  I just think that Heinicke was so indecisive on the play that Graham felt he had to tag him.  Wrong move, of course, and it cost them a final chance.

yeah he was being very fidgety. if they were 1-2 seconds later he would have been back on his feet trying to do something.

General_Failure

Doesn't matter if he was getting up, he gave himself up and the play was over.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Because there were so many awful calls the CGJ "late hit" on a guy clearly in bounds on 3rd down gets overlooked. Atrocious officiating

MDS

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on November 15, 2022, 12:50:52 PM
Because there were so many awful calls the CGJ "late hit" on a guy clearly in bounds on 3rd down gets overlooked. Atrocious officiating

they couldnt get off the field...i dont really care about some bad calls here and there

and now god-dert is hurt
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on November 15, 2022, 12:57:10 PM
Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on November 15, 2022, 12:50:52 PM

they couldnt get off the field...i dont really care about some bad calls here and there

and now god-dert is hurt

They blew but there weren't minor penalties "here and there"

Don Ho

Quote from: phattymatty on November 15, 2022, 09:14:54 AM
also that whole organization is so embarrassing from Snyder even down to the players.  heinecke throwing a temper tantrum on that last penalty from graham before he even hit the ground.  the dc players acting like they won the Super Bowl in the locker room.  dancing / rapping to meek mill.  eagles are frustrating sometimes but god would I feel like a loser being a fan of the commanders.

Thank you for bringing up heinecke and his little Joe College rah rah BS.  I'd love another shot at that clown.

MDS

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on November 15, 2022, 01:04:15 PM
They blew but there weren't minor penalties "here and there"

i didnt say they were minor but bad calls happen every week for every team...theres not some vendetta against the eagles. the really egregious bad call was the missed facemask. the others were either correct or coin flip calls that happened to go against them. sometimes it happens and if you dont let the other team dominate you, you can overcome it.

it took pooping their pants and the game tilting against them for the eagles to barely lose (albeit to a mediocre team). i think we can calm down.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.