Am I Too Old For This?

Started by rjs246, August 08, 2005, 09:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

It was my friend's 28th birthday this weekend in Brooklyn. Went down and got blackout drunk all weekend. At one point my friends and I were in a park next to the East River hurling our empties at each other, dumping the jugs of wine we were drinking on each other and wrestling on gravel. I'm covered in bug bites and I wasn't able to scrub all of the filth from my legs in either of the showers I've taken since I got home.

i'm turning 28 in a few months. Am I too old for this nonsense?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

What makes you fools think it's okay to come to New York and behave like that at any age?  Do that in my neighborhood and we'd send the dogs out.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on August 08, 2005, 09:28:59 AM
It was my friend's 28th birthday this weekend in Brooklyn. Went down and got blackout drunk all weekend. At one point my friends and I were in a park next to the East River hurling our empties at each other, dumping the jugs of wine we were drinking on each other and wrestling on gravel. I'm covered in bug bites and I wasn't able to scrub all of the filth from my legs in either of the showers I've taken since I got home.

i'm turning 28 in a few months. Am I too old for this nonsense?

LOL, reminds me of that scene in Wedding Crashers when Vince Vaughn says something like "We''ll look back on this and laugh...saying we're just a couple of kids having a good time. Living it up while we were young" and Owen Wilson's like...."Well....we're not THAT young..."

:-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Quote from: Diomedes on August 08, 2005, 09:31:11 AM
What makes you fools think it's okay to come to New York and behave like that at any age?  Do that in my neighborhood and we'd send the dogs out.

Don't feel special, I do this everywhere I go.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

T_Section224

no, i don't think you're too old for that.  i'm 35 and when i'm with my boys it pretty much turns into the same thing.  i hope i'm not too old for it either.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Phanatic

The only thing that makes me too old for it is the fact that it takes a week to recover instead of days or hours...

I still do it though
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

NGM

I'm 22 so I am not sure how valid my opinion is here.  But I would say if you are paying the bills during the week and staying out of jail on the weekends then you are never to old to get shteinfaced and act like a moron.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Reidme

Last time I spent a wild weekend away (camping for a Nascar race) with great buds from years gone by, we got wasted, then some of the guys decided anyone who slept was fair game. They pissed in their shoes, started fights with strangers (locals), one guy bailed from a moving truck(he was driving), I had to run it down. I rode (well for a few feet) a crotch rocket motorcycle, crashing it and breaking two ribs, missing work for 2 weeks. It cost me a total of $2200 to flatbed and repair. One of the guys got us out of a bar parking lot fight by brandishing a 9 mm. A guy vomited in a tent which he had locked shut from the inside, and couldn't get out, turning it into a combination Moon Bounce and slip and slide, he finally succumb and returned to sleep. It was a great weekend.

We tried to follow it up in smaller groups and rentals, losing guys to marriage, maturity, and fate in the coming years. The final trip was about two years ago, in my mid thirties. It was a disaster and it ended the outings. Scrubbing carpets and patching walls in between navigating DUI checkpoints was no longer as fun as it used to be. I say enjoy the carefree times as they come, but yes, as Sgt Hulka put it, you do get too old for that shtein. At some point a nice BBQ or tailgate with a designated driver or a moderated fishing/hunting trip, or whatever should fill the void. Live and enjoy, but growing up doesn't have to be joyless, but it should carry some greater sense of responsibility.
The NFL old standard.

mussa

Quote from: NGM on August 08, 2005, 01:04:09 PM
I'm 22 so I am not sure how valid my opinion is here.  But I would say if you are paying the bills during the week and staying out of jail on the weekends then you are never to old to get shteinfaced and act like a moron.

well said young jedi
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Drunkmasterflex

I would say that you are never too old to act like a drunken fool, I do it every weekend, but I am only 25.  The other week inspired by the why friends shouldn't get drunk together thread a few friends and I decided to pull a similar stunt.  We stacked furniture and picked the couch up and put it up to the ceiling.  If he had not been awakened by a few punches to the chest and some smacks to the face I was going to ratchet strap him to the couch.  Man that would have been awesome.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Susquehanna Birder

If it's good enough for the homeless, toothless bums, it should be good enough for you. You're never too old to spend the night in the drunk tank, anyway.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Reidme on August 08, 2005, 01:04:50 PM
We tried to follow it up in smaller groups and rentals, losing guys to marriage, maturity, and fate in the coming years. The final trip was about two years ago, in my mid thirties. It was a disaster and it ended the outings. Scrubbing carpets and patching walls in between navigating DUI checkpoints was no longer as fun as it used to be. I say enjoy the carefree times as they come, but yes, as Sgt Hulka put it, you do get too old for that shtein. At some point a nice BBQ or tailgate with a designated driver or a moderated fishing/hunting trip, or whatever should fill the void. Live and enjoy, but growing up doesn't have to be joyless, but it should carry some greater sense of responsibility.

[Charlie Murphy] Man, that is the gayest shtein I've ever heard! [Charlie Murphy]
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell